• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Post something Positive about yourself.

The few friends I do have tell me that I'm a great friend (that actually surprises me since I didn't have a lot of friends to begin with in order to gain friend experience - but for the record I have been google-searching on how to be a good friend). Hearing people tell me all these things is just music to the ears, it's such a great feeling to be loved when I don't even love myself.
That is exactly what I have been google-searching too! Every night in my bed, actually, on my iPhone. I also don't drink or do drugs or have much friend experience to have the friends I have as well so it really helps.

It feels wrong to think positively about myself, that's probably bad! I endure physical pain well and will endure it just to be less of a hassle for someone, if I'm in a selfless mood anyway. Which I usually am unless I'm too depressed. I've also created a web of lies just to save the house mice that get stuck in the glue traps. They are in a 10 gallon right now... In my closet... underneath my clothes pile... Where they can't be found.
Not as gross as it sounds, there's only two and the tank is self-sustaining. The isopods eat the poop- you know this probably isn't helping.

It feels wrong to think positively about myself, that's probably bad! I endure physical pain well and will endure it just to be less of a hassle for someone, if I'm in a selfless mood anyway. Which I usually am unless I'm too depressed. I've also created a web of lies just to save the house mice that get stuck in the glue traps. They are in a 10 gallon right now... In my closet... underneath my clothes pile... Where they can't be found.
Somebody's gotta save the mice!

Yeah otherwise they get thrown in trash alive. My mom almost squished one with her shoe! Caught that one with my hands, it's name is flash jr in memory of the original flash that had the dumpster fate

I find beauty in simple, natural little things also. The photo Mia showed looks a lot like my bathroom counter where I'm always putting some collection of things I find together. My eyes sees the harmony in nature from a tiny little bug that catches my attention to a large tree's form and everything in between. I see others walk by out in nature parks, seeing nothing but there smart phones or talking about someone in duragatory words and I just stand as they pass with the squirrel that ran behind the tree when it seen them coming. Or a cardinal hunkering down above me. When they pass, I say come on back out guys, the people are gone.
They do. I think there is none so blind as he who cannot see, a true saying.
I like to be of help to others if I can, too.

2 women this week have told me I don't look 41, either I should be flattered or they both need a good pair of glasses! :D

I kind of achieved a new voluntary position today, working in a City Centre Charity shop, pending references and induction the job's pretty much "in the bag" IMO.

2 women this week have told me I don't look 41, either I should be flattered or they both need a good pair of glasses! :D

I kind of achieved a new voluntary position today, working in a City Centre Charity shop, pending references and induction the job's pretty much "in the bag" IMO.
Well done on your job :)

I am trustworthy. People who don't trust anybody give me the keys to their house while they are away. On my last job I was the only one with the combination to the safe in the office. I was the only one everyone trusted.

I'm bold, ambitious, funny, creative, cute, and I'm not afraid to speak my mind.

(I've come a long way since I was a teenager - I used to not be able to list even 3 good things about myself back then.)

As I may not have Autism or Aspergers, but just several traits of such, I'll post a positive article about those with such conditions instead, that I think was posted here about a year before, but I will post again in case others did not see it:

"Top 10 Positive Traits of Autistic People

What are the best aspects of autism?

By Lisa Jo Rudy | Reviewed by a board-certified physician
Updated June 20, 2017

If you're the parent of a child with autism (or an adult on the spectrum) you've probably heard a lifetime's worth of information about the challenges and deficits associated with the disorder. But for every downside to autism, there seems to be an upside too. People with autism have uniquely positive traits that are rare or even nonexistent among typical individuals. It's important to note that these positive traits are not unique to savants with special talents or skills; rather, they are present in almost every person with autism.

If you're tired of hearing about the problems associated with autism, try pinning this list up on your fridge or sharing it with friends, family, and school staff. It's time to celebrate the positive

1 Autistic People Rarely Lie

We all claim to value the truth, but almost all of us tell little white lies. All, that is, except people on the autism spectrum. To them, truth is truth—there's no reason to prevaricate—and a good word from a person on the spectrum is the real deal.

2 People on the Autism Spectrum Live in the Moment

How often do typical people fail to notice what's in front of their eyes because they're distracted by social cues or random chitchat? People on the autism spectrum truly attend to the sensory input that surrounds them. Some see the beauty that others miss, though they pass by it every day. Many have achieved the ideal of mindfulness.

3 People with Autism Rarely Judge Others

Who's fatter? Richer? Smarter? Prettier? Does that person have a degree from the right college or belong to the right church? For people on the autism spectrum, these distinctions hold much less importance than for typical folks. In fact, people on the spectrum often see through such surface appearances to discover the real person.

Perhaps most importantly, people with autism rarely judge other people with disabilities. Where a typical peer might steer clear of a classmate with Down syndrome or a physical disability, people with autism are more likely to be accepting of differences.

4 Autistic People are Passionate

Many people on the spectrum are truly passionate about the things, ideas, and people in their lives. They spend the time, energy, and imagination necessary to truly master their area of interest, and they stick with it even when it's difficult, frustrating, or "uncool." How many "typical" people can say the same?

5 People with Autism Are Not Tied to Social Expectations

If you've ever bought a car, played a game, or joined a club to fit in you know how hard it is to be true to yourself. But for people with autism, social expectations can be honestly unimportant. What matters is true liking, shared interests, kindness, and the desire to spend time together—not keeping up with the Joneses.

6 People with Autism Have Terrific Memories

How often do typical people forget directions, or fail to take note of colors, names, and other details? People on the autism spectrum are often much more tuned in to details. In many cases, they have a much better memory than their typical peers for all kind of critical details. In fact, a surprisingly large number of people on the spectrum have photographic memories, perfect pitch, and/or an almost perfect memory for songs, poems, and stories.

7 Autistic People Are Less Materialistic

Of course, this is not universally true—but in general, people with autism are far less concerned with prestige and status than their typical peers. As a result, they worry less about brand names, high-end restaurants, and other expensive but unimportant externals than most people do. They are also less inclined to see salary or title as desirable for their own sake.

8 Autistic People Play Fewer Head Games

"Do I look fat in this outfit? Tell me the truth—I won't get mad!"

"I know I TOLD you I didn't mind if you went out, but why did you believe me?"

Few autistic people play games like these—and they assume that you won't either. It's a refreshing and wonderful change from the Peyton Place emotional roller coaster that mars too many typical relationships! Of course, part of the reason for this lack of subterfuge is the reality that autistic people find head games baffling. Why would someone ask a question if they don't want an answer?

9 Autistic People Have Fewer Hidden Agendas

Most of the time, if a person on the autism spectrum tells you what he wants—he is telling you what he wants. No need to beat around the bush, second guess, and hope you're reading between the lines! This may be due, in part, to the fact that many autistic people are unaware of or baffled by others' choice to hide their real intentions.

10 People with Autism Open New Doors for Neurotypicals

For some of us neurotypicals, having an autistic person in our lives has had a profound positive impact on our perceptions, beliefs and expectations. For me, at least, being the mom of a son on the autism spectrum has released me from a lifetime of "should"—and offered me a new world of "is."

I had a successful interview yesterday for a voluntary position with the Sheffield Royal Society for the Blind. It's not a paid job, which is my ultimate goal, but work is work, gives me summat to do for a bit, just got to wait on a phone call on Monday about a DBS check from the local Police, not that I'm concerned about that, I used to volunteer for them up to just short of 2 years ago so they know I'm a good lad :D

IF ANY OF YOU LIKE SESAME STREET GO TO YOUTUBE TYPE IN SESAME STREET WE ALL SING WITH THE SAME VOIVE VERRY VERRY HAPPY SONG

New Threads

Top Bottom