• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Post music you've made!

Thank you I definitely hear the 7ths and 11ths in there .
I also often seek to emphasize the minor seconds and tritones either within the chords or within the chord movement. I find them to be the most noticably colorful intervals and when masked under a coating of pleasant tones you achieve the sounds of cozy jazz.

Another little song about traveling in space / can’t take credit for the whole thing though , I cowrote with the singer .Mainly I handled the music and he handled the lyrics .

Another little song about traveling in space / can’t take credit for the whole thing though , I cowrote with the singer .Mainly I handled the music and he handled the lyrics .

The opening definitely sounds like conversation to me. The guitars are speaking to each other, maybe getting ready for the awesomeness that followed.

Also, I’ll be trading in my car for space van as soon as possible.

The opening definitely sounds like conversation to me. The guitars are speaking to each other, maybe getting ready for the awesomeness that followed.

Also, I’ll be trading in my car for space van as soon as possible.
That’s amazing you picked that up ! When I showed the band that intro , that is exactly how I said it , guitar conversation, they looked at me like I was crazy . You got it right away though!

VWs make great space vans

Holy crap, this is incredible!!!
I'm so impressed with all the talented musicians on here.
Admittedly makes me feel even more self-conscious about my own music though lol

Holy crap, this is incredible!!!
I'm so impressed with all the talented musicians on here.
Admittedly makes me feel even more self-conscious about my own music though lol
I have really bad music I have made , I just won’t show you . It’s all about expression . Not matter what the talent level , some things that are not advanced musically are my favorites , it’s more about how it makes me feel compared to anything else.

Admittedly makes me feel even more self-conscious about my own music though
I totally understand this feeling on a deep level. The sad part is it prevented me, and sometimes still does, from making any art or music at all.

Moogwizard nailed it - it’s just about the music, taking a chance on art and doing something that feels right.

I've been working on this one for the last few nights, I'm really happy with it!
Keep in mind that I'm a songwriter... not a guitarist or singer :')

It's called Hematite
Thanks for listening, if you do!

A little wake up song to start the day , This is a song I wrote about the comfort in repetition and how sometimes things can change , with anything, partners , life , hobbies etc . What ever your favorite thing to do is .

A little wake up song to start the day , This is a song I wrote about the comfort in repetition and how sometimes things can change , with anything, partners , life , hobbies etc . What ever your favorite thing to do is .

Very nice stuff, Moogwizard. The track reminded me a bit of Supergrass, who I love. You've got a fantastic voice, too. I also really enjoyed the guitar work...great mix and interplay between the instruments.

We (creatives) are our own worst critics. There have been many times that I felt the same way about opening an art thread or posting something I've made (especially elsewhere, mind you, because everyone here is so nice), because admittedly it opens you up to a world of vulnerability. I've also had a lot of brutal critique dumped on my head publicly for it (public reviews, discord servers, forums, etc), and there's even a web-zine that wrote an article about me basically poking fun at my music (which, in retrospect I think is very endearing and hilarious in a roundabout way, because at least they featured me in an article, lol).

But honestly, through the years I've realized (aside from it making me a little emotionally stronger about those particular vulnerabilities) that if I stop, I'm going to let them win. It's just not worth it for me, and I firmly believe that sharing your art (if you feel so inclined) enriches all of us. But with that said, there's no pressure to share anything you don't want to share - I just wanted to put that out there in case it helped anyone with those feelings of inadequacy that get the best of every single creator in the world.

I'd make a thread about it, but you know. "That's stupid, you should shut up" says the inner voice :)
This is a wonderful post. People can be so dismissive on the internet, especially since it's anonymous. Many cultures seem to value this tastemaker/critic/influencer ideal, now, especially with the rise of talent shows. A lot of people want to show why something is amazing or horrible (it's almost always a black and white view), even if they lack critical ability.

I can't stand this whole process of ranking, for example. Everything is judged, but little is understood. I see many people who can't tell the difference between their preference and a genuine flaw in art. For example, they think music is bad if it doesn't please them. But, while aspects of art are objective, there is also taste. There's plenty of music I dislike, but I can't say anything is wrong with it. It just doesn't speak to me. Conversely, some people say, "It's all subjective." But, this isn't true, either, or we couldn't communicate.

It's true the insults can be a distorted compliment, though sad if that's so much of what we encounter. This is why I hate reviews, which often rely on initial impression, or a "hot take" (another phrase I hate). Who cares about someone's uninformed opinion? Communication like this is designed to get a reaction, more than anything. It's very immature. I prefer criticism, which seeks to understand something and what it is doing. It's not about good or bad, really, and definitely not about ranking.

Didn't think I'd go on so much, but this is a constant source of frustration for me. Everyone wants to be heard, but no one wants to listen. Unfortunately, people must resort to hyperbole and other forms of figurative screaming to be heard online.

Very nice stuff, Moogwizard. The track reminded me a bit of Supergrass, who I love. You've got a fantastic voice, too. I also really enjoyed the guitar work...great mix and interplay between the instruments.
Thanks I appreciate that! I have to check out Supergrass I am not familiar with them . I can’t take credit for Singing lead vocals that was that was Rhythm guitarist Mike and an amazing singer .
I was mainly the music composer and conductor and would write some lyrics too . But mainly I was the mysterious very quiet guy in the back (I still am) who was the secret weapon ,writing , producing and leader of the music direction and enforcer of perfection.I would sometimes show up to practice with my whole songs written or sometimes fractions . And then make the band work very hard . I was not liked very much

I've been working on this one for the last few nights, I'm really happy with it!
Keep in mind that I'm a songwriter... not a guitarist or singer :')

It's called Hematite
Thanks for listening, if you do!
Fantastic lyrics! Relate so much. Agreed with the others that you are ALL the things.

New Threads

Top Bottom