• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Post an Image of your Desktop!

How are you liking Gnome 3? Gnome has been my favourite Linux desktop environment so I've been trying it out for a few weeks now and haven't liked it. It's a bit buggy and I don't like some things about the interface. To me it feels like it's in beta. I'm switching back to Unity on Ubuntu soon because I actually liked Unity a lot. Unity behaves a lot like Windows 7's taskbar (which I love) and is even more spacious.

I spent a good 5 hours tweaking it to my liking. So far I don't like it, but I think it has potential. I'm hoping they will add the usual panel items like a main menu. I use Unity on my netbook and absolutely love it. I may switch over to that. Gnome 3 seems to be lacking so many features; I would say it's definitely beta. There are very few extensions available for it, so I might try and create some before I give up on it.

Here's mine for the moment: a John Lennon picture I very much like. As you can probably tell by the image ratio, I'm currently kicking it old skool with one of the old CRT screens I have lying around. :)

Program%20Manager%20%281%29.png

It's a cropped portion of this image that was released by ESO on August 3:

eso1128a.jpg

Looks good to me.

What OS is that? Windows 7 or Vista? I'm surprised that you use the Classic theme. I myself used to use it thinking that it would give me a boost in performance, but using it doesn't increase performance that much.

It's Windows Vista. I'm using it partly for the reason that you mention but also because I get tired of looking at the default Vista theme. I could install something like Window Blinds but that would hog system resources and memory.

New Threads

Top Bottom