• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Post a lesser-known Christmas song

IContainMultitudes

V.I.P Member
Post a song that you would rather hear around Christmas than all of the standard ones that are kind of inescapable this time of year (if it's only tangentially-Christmas related, like, say, it's used in a Christmas-themed movie or just makes you think of this time of year for whatever reason, that's ok).

Just to get things started (it's from an opera about the three wise men that was the first opera written for tv, I remember hearing it in a music class as a child and thinking it was really funny):

From a tangentially Christmas-themed movie:

And now for something REALLY strange (inspired by the H.P. Lovecraft story "The Shadow over Innsmouth":

Last edited by a moderator:
Guess it's not lesser known, but the Home Alone soundtrack by John Williams is by far my favorite for the holidays. Especially this one, The House:

Some of my favorites:

[video=youtube;UV8x7H3DD8Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=UV8x7H3DD8Y[/video]

[video=youtube;dcDDkEjypnQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=dcDDkEjypnQ[/video]

Here's some more:

[video=youtube;3eSx9lxjfOQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=3eSx9lxjfOQ[/video]

Haha, I like this!

(A cookie for anyone who can name the two movies that the footage in the video comes from.)

I'm gonna guess that one of 'em is Santa Claus Conquers The Martians. I don't know the other one.

Ok, here's half of a cookie. :)

The other movie is a Mexican film called Santa Claus (which really should have been called "Santa Claus vs. The Devil"). Fans of Mystery Science Theater 3000 are probably familiar with it.

"Jingle Bombs". Did you know that Avenged Sevenfold's lead guitarist's dad accompanied Jeff Dunham for this one? His name is Brian Haner Sr, or "Guitar Guy"... or as us A7X fans call him, "Papa Gates". :)

I know in the past Tim Minchin has donated proceeds from sales of this song to autism charities. In any case, I like the idea of Christmas in the southern hemisphere. One day, perhaps...

And...I don't know if this can truly be considered a "Christmas Song," but still, it's one of my favorites:

Tom Waits
"Christmas Card from a Hooker in Minneapolis"

The same song in two different languages and two different melodies. The first and second renditions are two different interpretations by the same person. I'm torn between liking his versions, and liking the last video the most.

Possibly my new favorite Christmas album:

Of course, I could listen to this man read the phone book. :D

Well, I can add Owl City to the list of bands I will never support. Too bad too, cause I like the song they did for Wreck It Ralph, but I refuse to give money to Christian bands because I can't know the money isn't going to bigoted causes like the Salvation Army. Thanks for the heads up, umbrellabeach. I never would have known if you hadn't posted that.

Well, I can add Owl City to the list of bands I will never support. Too bad too, cause I like the song they did for Wreck It Ralph, but I refuse to give money to Christian bands because I can't know the money isn't going to bigoted causes like the Salvation Army. Thanks for the heads up, umbrellabeach. I never would have known if you hadn't posted that.

Could we try to keep the thread on-topic and post actual "lesser-known Christmas songs" rather than discuss the support of bands and where their money is spent. I wouldn't want this thread to derail into this kind of discussion.

Thank you :)

Sorry King, but I gotta say this.
Owl City isn't a band; it's a project by one guy. He has a band when he goes on tour, but Owl City itself isn't one. Also, how did you get all that from my posting an old song of his?

A lesser-known version of a song people best know as being from Elvis Presley :) ... or Porky Pig. :rolleyes2:

It brings me back to the times of the likes of Patsy Cline - you know, if I were alive back then.

New Threads

Top Bottom