• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Post a Crazy or Funny News Story

"Neanderthals buried their dead. They made jewelry and specialized tools. They made ocher and other pigments, perhaps to paint their faces or bodies — evidence of a “symbolically mediated worldview,” as archaeologists call it. Their tracheal anatomy suggests that they were capable of language and probably had high-pitched, raspy voices, like Julia Child. They manufactured glue from birch bark, which required heating the bark to at least 644 degrees Fahrenheit — a feat scientists find difficult to duplicate without a ceramic container. In Gibraltar, there’s evidence that Neanderthals extracted the feathers of certain birds — only dark feathers — possibly for aesthetic or ceremonial purposes."

TIL Neanderthals’ tracheal anatomy suggests they had high-pitched, raspy voices, like Julia Child. • r/todayilearned

Quote is from article to which there is a link on reddit.

"Popcorn tastes better with chopsticks."

“...suggests chopsticks boost enjoyment because they provide an unusual first-time experience, not because they are a better way to eat popcorn.” It made people more focused and engaged, even though they were eating a familiar food, which led them to perceive the experience as a better one. The researchers got the same results in other scenarios, with participants claiming that water tasted better when they drank it from martini glasses for the first time. In another experiment, they asked groups of subjects to watch a video filmed from the perspective of a motorcyclist. One group was asked to watch the video while using “finger goggles.” “After the study, the researchers offered to let all participants download the video to keep–and three times more people who watched with hand-goggles asked to download the video than those in the other conditions...”

"Clearly, the way we experience a product greatly influences the way we perceive its value."

https://www.fastcodesign.com/901773...experience-design-eat-popcorn-with-chopsticks

Potato publicity stunts

Antoine-Augustin Parmentier (12 August 1737 – 13 December 1813) is remembered as a vocal promoter of the potato as a food source for humans in France and throughout Europe.

Parmentier....began a series of publicity stunts for which he remains notable today, hosting dinners at which potato dishes featured prominently and guests included luminaries such as Benjamin Franklin and Antoine Lavoisier, giving bouquets of potato blossoms to the king and queen, and surrounding his potato patch at Sablons with armed guards to suggest valuable goods — then instructing them to accept any and all bribes from civilians and withdrawing them at night so the greedy crowd could "steal" the potatoes. These 54 arpents of impoverished ground near Neuilly, west of Paris, had been allotted him by order of Louis XVI in 1787.

Antoine-Augustin Parmentier - Wikipedia

More in the peculiar/sad range than crazy/funny.
Doctors Find 50-Year-Old Fetus in Woman’s Abdomen
Doctor's Review | Fetal rock
Lithopedion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The first link was sent to me because a friend is trying to verify
a girl's story that she had a baby in January, but is now 'a little ill'
because the amniotic sac was not removed. The other links I found
because I want to help her figure that out.

My first reaction to the 'a little ill' story was "impossible."
When a goat retains a placenta she gets a high fever &
dies within 5 days, in great pain (if the placenta is not removed.)
But....amniotic sac is not placenta. IDK
Do I ever learn now I’m nauseous again

New Threads

Top Bottom