• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Post a Crazy or Funny News Story

Yeah, I know.
Whether the ship actually gets that name
is the next move.

The NERC, however, has made sure they have the final say, with one of the competition's conditions being: 'the final name will be selected by NERC'. - See more at: http://www.skynews.com.au/culture/o...nitiator-backpedals.html#sthash.lVUEvo53.dpuf

They aren't convinced 'Boaty McBoatface' is sufficiently
inspirational or illustrative of the work the ship's crew
means to pursue.

They aren't convinced 'Boaty McBoatface' is sufficiently
inspirational or illustrative of the work the ship's crew
means to pursue.

Yes, it's a tough one. The name RSS Boaty McBoatface would be a sure fire way to get many more people interested in science, especially kids, but it hardly gives credence to the ship's crew.

OMG, please tell me this is satire?

I remember hearing about such things in the 90s. Usually in anecdotes about how "crazy" the US was. It's funny how we (as a species) say this or that is crazy, shake our heads at the state of humanity, and then turn around and do crazy stuff ourselves. Turn asylum seeker boats around, lock innocent people up in prison for seeking refuge, follow stupid sports (Australian rules football is the first that comes to mind), obediently obey advertising directives and become blind fashion slaves and pay people a pittance to work in abominable conditions to produce such "fashion"... o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

New Threads

Top Bottom