• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Post a clip from a tv show you watched as a child

IContainMultitudes

V.I.P Member
Like the subject heading says, post a clip from a tv show you watched as a child (I have a feeling some of us are probably going to show our age a little bit).

Just to get this particular ball rolling (If you grew up watching Nick Jr. in the 80s, you probably have this song permanently embedded in your brain):

I think this was my favorite Nickelodeon cartoon when I got slightly older:

The show is available on DVD now, but I've learned that it's not always a good idea to revisit beloved childhood books/tv shows/movies/whatever. This review by "Pat the NES Punk" convinced me that it's probably a good idea to trust that instinct in this case:

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to watch this every morning when I was a kid.

Great times. :D

This was one of my earliest special interests, and the thing that initially got me into Tim Burton stuff. It really needs to be put on DVD, because I would buy it in a heartbeat! (or should I say lack of heartbeat?)

Hamtaro was my biggest special interest when I was 11 years old. It was on during the summer, and I demanded to be woken up every morning at 8 AM to watch the first episode of the day, and if we went swimming in the afternoon, I made sure my mom took me home by 5 PM in order to catch the 2nd episode.

I hope I don't offend anyone, but Tim Burton ain't got nothing on "Adventures in Wonderland". So :p! I will post more shows later. I guess I am showing my age. huh? XD!

I do apologize if I offended anyone though. O=-)

After looking back on these, I now know where I got my current beliefs, sense of humor, and why I always read directions...

These are in order of my exposure to them:

Hope you enjoy.

I watched G.I. Joe too. That one episode with the people's faces melting and stuff really freaked me out. :wacko:

Of course, I can't see the PSAs today without thinking of the redubbed parody versions:

:lol:

I think the muppets is my earliest TV memory. The music, the madness, I loved it. And Gonzo really struck a chord with me.

And there was Babar, among others.

My Secret Identity was the first thing that came on TV when I came home from school for a while.

Oh, and then there was the inevitable Wonder Years. The intro alone. Damn, seeing it again. In my mind I grew up in Southern California I think. So much influence. I'm going to sit here and be silent for a while, maybe even cry a little.

Anyone else here watch the 80s Heathcliff cartoon? It was one of those U.S.-Canada-France-Japan co-productions sort of like Inspector Gadget and other things that were on Nickelodeon in the 80s/early 90s. It just got added to Netflix Instant, and I might just have to watch an episode or two for old time's sake. When I watched it as a kid, I somehow missed the fact that Mel Blanc did Heathcliff's voice, which is strange since I was a big Looney Tunes fan. Maybe I just hadn't quite reached the age where I was conscious that there were actual human beings who did cartoon voices for multiple characters.

Netflix Instant is only available in North America right now, but I think I read something recently that said that it might be available in Europe soon.

I can recall watching People's Court when I was little, like 5 or 6, and for some reason enjoying it. And Gilligan.
I am from Minnesota and got a lot of Canadian children's programming. This was a favorite of mine.

Apparently someone had an entire episode on youtube... but I did watch Max Headroom as a kid, I thought he was funny... should add though, I didn't understand it totally... I was 5 at the time, but a lot of the television network corruption thing always kinda stuck to me.

Captain power and the soldiers of the future was another I'd watch. Those CG robots in the intro freaked me out as a kid and I really was terrified they'd show up and digitize me, lol.

Sledge hammer (though I did watch in on german tv, so it was dubbed)

Jayce and the Wheeled warriors

MASK... had a lot of those toys as well.

I believe that there was no shortage of totally absurdist violent tv-shows on my part.

But I also watched stuff like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, GI Joe and Transformers.. oh wait, those were equally absurd and violent, lol

Who else loved/s the Worst Witch? Here's the very last part of the very last episode.

New Threads

Top Bottom