• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Possible treatment for ASD and ADHD.

Hi people, I'm also an Aspie and have discovered a simple trick which calms me down 24/7 and allows my mind to have a single focus, rather than the conflicting, stressful state I was born with.
I've not discussed this trick before, and continue to experiment.

The trick is to simply block one eye. I used a scratched pair of glasses, removed one lens and covered the other with black tape.

After 7 hours the mind begins to play tricks. It stops accounting for the blocked eye, and once in a while it swaps, and you can't see anything (complete blindness), and it takes effort or movement to switch back.

My understanding of what is happening in the autistic mind is lengthy so I'll keep it brief.

Basically, if you block the right eye (and optionally right ear) for Asperger, or the left side for Autism, you stop the unfocused overlay of two vision inputs, and alleviate the stress caused by great efforts needed to compensate autonomically.

I see these conditions as leading to a dreamy or unfocused condition, where amphetamines (I've never tried) wake the person up. Instead, the one-eyed-pirate approach just simplifies the mind's job to handle 1 input instead of conflicting inputs.

Further, I intend to reduce the black taped eye to perhaps 30% shaded, so as to encourage a dominant left hemisphere and maintain a more passive right hemisphere, whilst not affecting overall vision.

An example, beyond feeling much calmer, is I expected when shooting baskets with one eye that I would bomb out, but actually got equal or better score. Though depth perception is a problem, throwing straight is improved amazingly.
With 2 eyes I feel this indecision or conflict in my mind and throw wildly left or right sporatically. This never happens with my right eye covered. Dead straight.

I hope that some parents with ASD children, or oldies like me will try this virtually free method out, experiment further and share with others, so even severely affected ASD children can be helped to make their life better.

As said above it took 7 hours before my mind was trained, but after that the reaction is immediate for me every time. Eg. I feel the stress and complications hit me as soon as I remove the glasses. A vastly different experience. I don't like wearing them much, but if the partial tinting idea works, I think that will help a lot.

Comment, ask away and I'll try to come back and discuss.
Wow! I'm glad that is working for you. It's always encouraging to find a way to help yourself, even if that particular method isn't of much help to anyone else. I applaud you for sharing what you have discovered. That is a very selfless thing to do. Maybe your technique will help someone else. Maybe someone else will use a variation of your technique. I have read about sensory deprivation studies which seem to help alleviate conditions ranging from schizophrenia to insomnia. What I do know is that our brains are wonderous, complex organs that are essentially signal processors. If there exists a method to add or subtract signals (without the use of powerful drugs or surgery) to help that processing go a little smoother, I'm all for it. Good job!

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom