• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Positive story about autism and being not held back by it.

Thanks so mulch for sharing this, Tarragon! What an amazing & delightful kid! He will definitely change what many people think they know about those of us on the spectrum. What an excellent teacher he'd make.

Inspirational. We here on Aspies Central really look forward to more inspiring stories about autism, just like Jacob's sharing on TEDx.

I recall reading about his article somewhere, and I'd read his story as an astrophysicist. It's great that he did well at the age of 14.

I remember when I was 14, I had similar confidence like him. However, I spent much of my time learning to not be me, and to know a lot of things I don't 'feel' for. I wished I had listened to his talk when I was 14, haha

If we do ever doubt our ability to do good for society, maybe we can consider watching this video over and over again. His enthusiasm is really infectious and sparks that fire in my belly, at least, in my case.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting Tarragon!!!!!! I felt so good when I was watching this video. It was so refreshing to see someone who is thinking outside the box like that. It's people like Jacob who make me think more that one of the best venues for success is to apply yourself in something that you love and try not to follow the norms.

New Threads

Top Bottom