• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Poll: Do you use Twitter?

Do you use Twitter?

• Yes

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • No

Votes: 36 80.0%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • I used to

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • I don't "tweet" but I read "tweets"

Votes: 5 11.1%

• Total voters
No. Facebook so family know that I'm alive. And Instagram with Potato Cat. I prefer forums. I've never actually been on Twitter.

The cost-benefit analysis of participating on Twitter lead me to mothball my account. This is certainly only my experience.

The polling results are so interesting to me. So far zero users for a multi-billion dollar company.

I only maintain two social media platforms, Instagram and Facebook, both primarily to promote/share my photography... Have never used Twitter

For a brief time I tried maintaining three at the same time and my head got rather "spinny" if that makes sense... I don't know how some people maintain multiple social media, I get the feeling I'm falling behind in anything because I just can't keep that kind of pace up...

download.jpg

I used to go there just for... art, but even THAT couldn't keep me there and I was a high school boy!

1 out of 20 said yes so far and that gives me life.

Last edited:
I don't use any social media, but I occasionally peruse them since some grassroots community organizations almost exclusively use them for updates and event listings in lieu of a website.

Social media is vile. Twitter is a hell hole. I’m not on anything anymore except for this forum. Seeing people who are still capable of being empathetic is keeping me sane.

I used to follow someone I knew that used Twitter.
He was a celebrity that I was friends with personally and when he moved half way around the world
I read things he talked about on Twitter.
That was 10-12 years ago. We finally fell out of contact and that was the only time
I used Twitter.

I don't actually consider correctly moderated forums to be social media. They are closer to an internet-based community where we look out for each other and make friends. Sometimes a member will throw their toys out of the pram and we help them pick them back up and try and smooth things out. This is how a community should be.

Social media platforms in general are a cess pit of argumentative fools, dangerous ideals and overblown egos where the opposite happens and people get hurt. They are not a safe place for those like us.

I dont like toxic social media.
I always been in forums, cause its a place where people help and try to understand each other without being toxic and harmful. it is a safe place to be and i dont really see Forums as Social Media, like twitter, facebook and so on.
Those Social Media only shows the best of peoples life or how they like to be.

i like forums cause people are just who they are, show there ups and downs as a real person.

I don't actually consider correctly moderated forums to be social media. They are closer to an internet-based community where we look out for each other and make friends ...

Social media platforms in general are a cess pit of argumentative fools, dangerous ideals and overblown egos where the opposite happens and people get hurt. They are not a safe place for those like us.

I only use social media for what you might call recreational use, I avoid the politics... Most of my Facebook activity is within groups related to automotive (classic cars), event listings, and the local arts scene... I would never find out about anything that's going on if I wasn't on Facebook...

I never check my Facebook feed for posts from my friends, that is where the egos and weird politics really come out in their personal posts... I do post on my own account, but only non-political content...

I never understood the appeal of Twitter. Mind you I feel the same about Instagram, Snapchat, and especially the mind numbing idiocy that is Tik Tok.

I had a Twitter account a long long time ago. I think I made 2 posts - had no followers etc. Then I checked it years later and noticed it'd been hacked and used to post a bunch of dodgy URL links.

Wonderful experience.

Ed

I have a Twitter account. I rarely use it though. Rarely read tweets either. I often forget I have the app altogether.

For the most part, Twitter is an echo chamber. It's certainly not the only one on the internet. There are many echo chambers both "liberal" and "conservative" on the internet. An echo chamber is what it is. An echo chamber is a tool used to virtue signal and affirm the user's feelings that they're part of a group that thinks like they do. The not so amusing part in relation to Twitter is that Twitter portrays itself (and most of it's core users probably believe) as something other than an echo chamber, a "town square" (ie where opposing viewpoints are equally welcomed and protected), which it most definitely is not. Like Facebook, Twitter molds, shapes and attempts to direct public opinion based on the collective, like-minded viewpoint of Twitter.

New Threads

Top Bottom