• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Pictures of Strange Products

I'm just afraid that anything that will stain a sink and toothbrush bristles gray will also do the same to my teeth.

CRYOTHERAPY! I see a lot of these places opening up lately. You stand in a bin filled with freezing nitrogen gas. It's supposed to give you mild hypothermia to treat pain and skin conditions.

iu

Maybe (occasionally) the back of the teeth for stubborn nicotine stains but never the front sides.

I'm taking a calculated risk to achieve easy modern tooth whitening. No one cares what color the back of my teeth are, only the parts people see, which is all I'm concerned about.

Are you positive that you’re not getting micro bumps and dents... Nope, not positive. They taught me religious zealotry instead of practical knowledge. It's an awesome system, no worries. Hundreds of millions of parents can't be wrong.

And I've done cryo just once. -270 Fahrenheit for 3 minutes in underpants, just to prove my manhood or what not. I suppose this is relevant for athletes with severe muscle strain, but for those who work out for just two hours every week? Not so useful. If I was desperate to impress people here, I'd show you the picture.

Last edited:
I'm taking a calculated risk to achieve easy modern tooth whitening. No one cares what color the back of my teeth are, only the parts people see, which is all I'm concerned about.

Are you positive that you’re not getting micro bumps and dents... Nope, not positive. They taught me religious zealotry instead of practical knowledge. It's an awesome system, no worries. Hundreds of millions of parents can't be wrong.

I’m not sure you’re following. And it’s ridiculous, I’m not sure if you are joking.

Also, hundreds of millions of parents CAN be wrong.

Misguiding gets on my nerves, but whoever reads your advice will do more research now and I have confidence that they’ll do it properly so your confidence in “other people” won’t keep them from looking into some medical articles.

Not everyone gets to go to the dentist’s at least twice a year. That’s another reason why misinforming people with what you think is best based on what kind of a result outweighs the adverse effects of a product.

Some pain killers relieve pain. Millions use them. Millions become dependent on them, become addicts and die. The millions can’t be wrong approach is baseless.

Intolerance is a major issue for people on the spectrum. It can be any kind of intolerance.
Products that, over time, remove the top layer of the teeth might leave people with hot/cold intolerance. They won’t worry about the color of the teeth, then.

Dental health insurance isn’t something available to everyone and once you have intolerance, you are required to use more expensive products because cheap ones won’t help. The take here is that advice can be harmful if it’s too subjective.

We're all basically the same, on the spectrum. Obvious sarcasm isn't obvious to us. So this post contains nothing but blunt sincerity. I use black charcoal tooth powder every 2 or 3 months to make myself better looking. It is somewhat risky yet I still do it, plus a thousand other dangerous acts.

I was mis-educated as an Orthodox-Jewish religious zealot, then drafted for three years of involuntary military service as a conscript in 20th century, third world Israel. The things they did to me are no longer done to anyone, because it's a first world country now. It snapped my mind. All I needed was any average U.S. public school followed by any average U.S. state college, and I probably would have achieved greatness. But none of that happened. I promise this particular post contains no sarcasm this time. That's what my advice is worth. But in a good mood I'm really fun!:smirk::smirk::smirk:

It’s not risky. It carves the tooth enamel, leading to erosion. Your background is irrelevant. There is current research and data on the internet, provided by approved websites. I’m sure you can find articles on mayoclinic, healthline and so on.

Helpful public announcement: Working out successfully can't possibly ever consist of a single body motion, as above, your body needs a wide variety of motions to become stronger and fitter.

Edit: Running and other cardio might be an exception, but alone? Even these aren't a full workout routine.

Last edited:

And I've done cryo just once. -270 Fahrenheit for 3 minutes in underpants, just to prove my manhood or what not. I suppose this is relevant for athletes with severe muscle strain, but for those who work out for just two hours every week? Not so useful. If I was desperate to impress people here, I'd show you the picture.
Did the cryotherapy help at all? I am getting over cancer, and in significant pain. If it works, I'd be willing to do it. But if it's just freezing cold and uncomfortable, I'll save my money.

Amish Bicycles. They're not allowed to ride bikes with pedals (too modern), so they created these scooter/bike hybrids. Amish adults and children ride them to get from point A to point B. I imagine it would be quite impractical to hitch up a horse and buggy every time you want to go somewhere. They look sort of handy. I actually want one.

iu

iu

Did the cryotherapy help at all? I am getting over cancer, and in significant pain. If it works, I'd be willing to do it. But if it's just freezing cold and uncomfortable, I'll save my money.

It helped me prove to my tough-guy cousin that I could withstand extreme cold like a man, just like him. Plus a cool picture. One time ever. True athletes experience severe muscle strain from their extreme workout routines, but I don't see how cryotherapy would be useful to anyone else. Your situation appears different, so resorting to narcotics might be more useful then cryo, IMO. I'm not an expert on this topic. Hope this helps...

Now Esa might put me in check for daring to suggest narcotics for a recovering cancer patient. But sometimes, one must resort to extremes.

Last edited:
Amish Bicycles. They're not allowed to ride bikes with pedals (too modern), so they created these scooter/bike hybrids. Amish adults and children ride them to get from point A to point B. I imagine it would be quite impractical to hitch up a horse and buggy every time you want to go somewhere. They look sort of handy. I actually want one.

iu

iu
That thing looks like it'll scrape hardcore if you try to go over a large speedbump.

That thing looks like it'll scrape hardcore if you try to go over a large speedbump.

LOL..true, but if I had to guess I'd suspect speedbumps aren't something you're likely to encounter on roads dominated by Amish communities. Image going over a speedbump in a horse-and-buggy, even at very slow speeds. Nope-nope-nope.

Amish Safety

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom