• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Pictures of Strange Products

Joshua the Writer

Very Nerdy Guy, Any Pronouns
V.I.P Member
Post pictures of strange products that you found.
2020-11-15.png

Chain mail dice bag. Found when I was looking for dice bags to add to my Xmas list for this year. It also appears to be drawstring somehow. I'm pretty sure there is also a lot of other strange-looking table top RPG paraphernalia on Amazon, as well.

This actually makes sense when holding the thin, flat brick to your ear feels unnatural.
Yes! I hate talking on a cell phone for that reason. I'd love it if it'd be shaped more like a classic telephone receiver!

Charcoal Toothpaste. Another huge trend right now.

We use black soap (made from charcoal), and it keeps my sixteen year old's face blemish-free. It's also gentle on my sensitive skin.

I thought I'd give this a try. It says "whitening" on the label. But when we started using it, the sink got discolored gray, and it stained our toothbrush bristles the same gray as a dirty mop. It's also really nasty to rub black stuff all over your teeth. It takes extra rinsing to get it all out of your mouth.

I don't think it whitens teeth. I looked it up, and the internet (a not so reliable resource) says the reason it makes your teeth look whiter, is that it gradually tattoos your gums darker over time. So your gray nasty teeth will appear pearly white by comparison!

iu

I use a brand called Procsin. I’ve tried other charcoal toothpastes but this is the best one so far. No stains or residue anywhere, it cleans the teeth properly and that’s probably why my teeth gets whiter (due to the proper cleaning). I’m not sure if it’s a local brand here or if it’s available overseas, too.

Activated charcoal is used to treat poisoning in some cases, as well. They make you drink it and it looks unpleasant.

I’ll try the soap, too.

Black charcoal tooth powder is the most effective at-home tooth whitening product to ever be invented. Five minutes of this is worth five hours of Opalessense.

1) The idea isn't to brush your teeth normally, but rather to scrub just the visible parts vigorously and aggressively for five minutes. Yeshuasdaughter, I bet this is the step you skipped.
2) Performed in the shower, there's no black mess to clean up.
3) Your toothbrush and gums will be fine.
4) This is abrasive, so best only used occasionally.

Last edited:
Anything that involves aggressive, vigorous brushing or scrubbing shouldn’t be done at home, though.
The one I use is a gentle toothpaste with no mess whatsoever. Otherwise, I wouldn’t recommend it. The surface of the teeth can be ruined easily with wrong applications.

Anything that involves aggressive, vigorous brushing or scrubbing shouldn’t be done at home, though.
The one I use is a gentle toothpaste with no mess whatsoever. Otherwise, I wouldn’t recommend it. The surface of the teeth can be ruined easily with wrong applications.

You're right, but here's my reasoning: They're selling dental black charcoal at Walmart now, and the package says to brush daily. I'm only using this once every 2 or 3 months. If it causes severe long term enamel wear issues, they'll figure it out before I have any major problems. Plus, I'm in the dentist's chair at least twice a year. So that's two ways I expect a warning before it's too late. The old methods of tooth whitening just took so much more time and effort.

Also, there's a picture of toothpaste above. This started with tooth powder, not paste. Effectiveness likely varies by brand and type.

Last edited:
You're right, but here's my reasoning: They're selling dental black charcoal at Walmart now, and the package says to brush daily. I'm only using this once every 2 or 3 months. If it causes severe long term enamel wear issues, they'll figure it out before I have any major problems. Plus, I'm in the dentist's chair at least twice a year. So that's two ways I expect a warning before it's too late. The old methods of tooth whitening just took so much more time and effort.

My dentist, on the other hand, does not recommend any kind of powder based whitening agent to be used on the surface of the teeth regularly. Maybe (occasionally) the back of the teeth for stubborn nicotine stains but never the front sides. Are you positive that you’re not getting micro bumps and dents, which will cause more stains and other problems like temperature sensitivity in the future?

If not, great.

I know it started with the powder, by the way. I’m familiar with the process thanks to Instagram :) sponsored ads reach a bigger audience than the word of the mouth.

New Threads

Top Bottom