• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Pet Pictures or Videos

@crewlucaa_ ;wow your white dog looks so much like our smaller dog (45 pounds) Lulu!

She is a mix of pit and cow dog - we’re in Texas right now and this is where we got her from the shelter. Was told they use them here mixed like that for the giant cows (longhorns) they raise them just for that because the pit in them gives them more stamina. WOW dose she ever have stamina, smaller than the other two boys but will body slam the big one, too fun to watch them play!

Both of your dogs are precious!

Here’s another of Lulu, one of the boys with her in the first one. Looks like she’s laughing at him. The pink box on her neck is a gps, we had to low-jack her lol, she’s a runner. It’s called a “whistle” and hooks up to our phones in case she runs again. We’re too old to keep up with her, she thinks it’s fun.

3DB4B17A-81AA-4CA9-BBB1-A2D530CEEE62.jpeg
F78BE154-DB2A-43EA-B605-8BBEA8524BB4.jpeg
5EF0B9C5-3A82-4142-94EA-F0A44B39A139.jpeg

@crewlucaa_ ;wow your white dog looks so much like our smaller dog (45 pounds) Lulu!

She is a mix of pit and cow dog - we’re in Texas right now and this is where we got her from the shelter. Was told they use them here mixed like that for the giant cows (longhorns) they raise them just for that because the pit in them gives them more stamina. WOW dose she ever have stamina, smaller than the other two boys but will body slam the big one, too fun to watch them play!

Both of your dogs are precious!

Here’s another of Lulu, one of the boys with her in the first one. Looks like she’s laughing at him. The pink box on her neck is a gps, we had to low-jack her lol, she’s a runner. It’s called a “whistle” and hooks up to our phones in case she runs again. We’re too old to keep up with her, she thinks it’s fun.
She is gorgeous and looks just like my dogs!! Mine are purebred Dogo Argentinos but she definitely looks like she has Dogo in her... just mixed with a smaller Pit type dog. My neighbors adopted a puppy a few months ago and were told she was a Dalmatian/Lab mix... now that she is six months old and 75 pounds, turns out she is just as much Dogo Argentino as my girls are. Oops!!
Dogos are not a super common breed but they're getting more attention in America now since the AKC just recognized them... they've also been cast members on some tv shows. I've met two other people in my area recently who have them. People are so afraid of them and of Pits in general but I honestly think most of it is unfounded. My dogs will just roll over on their backs if you scold them. Lol
I love Cane Corsos too :hearteyes::hearteyes: I love literally every type and every mix of dog in the world lol but working dogs and bully breeds are my heart.

@crewlucaa_ ;
Thank you so much! Gosh, now I’m wondering if we have a Dogo mix? Honestly I’ve never heard of them, but never heard of a Cane Corso until a year ago when we did an unexpected rescue. When you said the part about Dalmatian, Lulu has tons of spots! We’re also thinking like you, small pit mixed - she is no where the size of the Dogos! The third dog Jimbo (middle in the pic) we got off Craig’s list, a poor woman living in a shed for a home wrote about him, he was about 9 months old and living in the woods and had been there quite some time. Apparently a drop off, it was in the middle of nowhere down a dirt road, scary! He was pitiful and really a sweet dog, so glad now we got him. He’s lots of mixes lol, dobie/Rottie/pit is what the vets have figured out.
FE9175AD-9131-4257-A5B2-89FB681C76C9.jpeg

You have a great life working with dogs, I’ve always said our pets are so much easier to live with that people lol. They forgive and love easily.

One day I’ll have to show some pic’s of a mother raccoon that lived in the woods behind our house that I got to hand feed, her and her babies were precious! Have read where Aspie’s have a way with animals, I believe this. I’ve caught in the wild all kinds of animals, the love bird and the iguana was the most unexpected!

New Threads

Top Bottom