• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Personality Type (Myers-Briggs)

One more INTJ! Usually I'm so alone with this.
For over ten years I believe I was INTP, but after getting some life experience P turned to J, I also feel more comfortable with myself now. Lately N/S hasn't been that clear, but I still feel being safely Intuitive .
My Introversion is extremely strong and Thinking also pretty much.

Do others try to evaluate their peers classifications all the time? :)

INTP.
Introvert(89%) iNtuitive(25%) Thinking(50%) Perceiving(56)%

With my T and P being borderline.
I think I've been INFP on another test.

And there you go... Computer Programmer as a career choice.

The INTP web page correctly describes and uncertain, strange person that gets absorbed in their own thoughts.

So many INTJs... I am also INTJ. I didn't take this quiz, but I've done MBTI a few times in the past and it's never changed. In the past, I've drifted more towards E but now I am pretty firmly I.

I'm a mastermind ... I find it ironic that when I was at uni we all took this test and everyone but one person in the class got mastermind. (it was only a class of 10 people). As this is one of the rarest personality types we thought it was interesting to have such a high number in our class. I guess that's what makes us good at IT :)

actually when I re-read the description of a master mind (INTJ) it kind of reads like a clinical definition of an aspie ... so not surprised nearly everyone is this personality type.

I wonder whether most INTJs will be diagnosed as Asperger's?

But from what I know, Aspies can be of any personality type :)

I wonder whether most INTJs will be diagnosed as Asperger's?

But from what I know, Aspies can be of any personality type :)

Most INTJ's are just regular people. Prior to my diagnosis I wondered if I just just a strong INTJ and not an Aspie actually.

I have always been an ISTJ and have tested many times since the 90s. When I learned I had AS I wondered about how many other AS people might also be ISTJs. I am a new member and jumped at the chance to read this thread. Today, my results are:
Introverted (I) 68.75% Extroverted (E) 31.25%
Sensing (S) 73.53% Intuitive (N) 26.47%
Thinking (T) 65.79% Feeling (F) 34.21%
Judging (J) 57.5% Perceiving (P) 42.5%

I really thought ISTJs would be in the majority on this forum. I first learned about the MB test while working on my second MS degree. An instructor was a licensed evaluator and asked the entire class to take the test. I was extremely comforted to find there was a segment of the population who felt and thought like me. I didn't yet know I had AS, but understanding the implications of the Myers Briggs theories made me stand up for myself in the work place. I had received validation! I also sought to utilize my strengths whenever possible. I was in my early 60s when I learned I had AS and after that I decided I wanted to stop swimming against the mainstream and have as little contact with neurotypicals as possible. Life was immediately better after I retired at 62 and moved to the country. I choose to have as little contact with people as possible because I am tired of trying not to call attention to myself simply by being myself. I think I do OK with salespeople and other casual contacts and I actually told my two close friends why I have decided to become a hermit. It is really nice not to have to deal with them constantly trying to "fix" me. I didn't exactly tell them this--I just said I felt safer being alone where I can't offend anyone except for turning down an occasional invitation.

Your Type
INTJ
Introvert(78%) iNtuitive(50%) Thinking(12%) Judging(11%)
You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (78%)
You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (50%)
You have slight preference of Thinking over Feeling (12%)
You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (11%)

INTP

You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (56%)
You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (38%)
You have distinctive preference of Thinking over Feeling (62%)
You have distinctive preference of Perceiving over Judging (67%)

I find my introverted score odd as I highly prefer to be alone and away from people.

INTJ
Introvert(78%)**iNtuitive(25%)**Thinking(50%)**Judging(67%)

Potential careers: (1) Computer Programming, (2) Natural Science, (3) Teaching Natural Science, (4) Engineering, (5) Management, (6) Entrepreneurship, (7) Law, (8) Librarian

I haven't posted much here lately. After an initial burst of enthusiasm, and lots and lots of reading posts here, I sort of came to the conclusion that... no, this is not quite who I am. My messed up brain is something odd, but perhaps not quite the same oddness of many of you fine folk here, and I don't want to be one of those weirdos that pretends to be something that they are not.

I'm posting about it here because perhaps it can be seen in the differences between INTP and INTJ personalities.

Anyway, I will continue trying to figure out the nature of my own brain. And maybe it doesn't matter. I am whatever the hell I am. And there is nothing to fix and nothing to feel bad about. Just go on and live the life that works for the way I am constructed.

INTP.

I am terrible at pointing out errors/contradictions/inefficiency in any kind situation. It makes me insufferable to be around.

One of my "narrow obsessions" includes personality typology, especially Meyers Briggs.
And I am currently very interested to see what types are most common in people on the Spectrum.

I am an INTJ.

Personality test based on Jung and Briggs Myers typology

If ya'll would take this test, it's not so long, and post your type, it would be greatly appreciated and could actually help me understand things within Aspergers and typology better.

<3:cute:

INTJ Masterrace my dear queen!
Introvert (56%) Intuitive (62%) Thinking (75%) Judging (22%)
This does seem pretty accurate but I do not think we should allow ourselves to be labeled by a simple personality test.

New Threads

Top Bottom