• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Personality Type (Myers-Briggs)

But when dealing with 2 extremes, a black and white... a yes and no, a binairy choice, not answering should yield "no result".

Not necessarily, particularly if only one extreme is tested for.

You are suggesting that, given options disagree, neither agree nor disagree, and agree, the response values should be -1, 0, and 1, respectively.

It entirely possible, and quite probable, that the actual values on some questions are actually 0, 1, 2.

The easiest way to test your hypothesis, however, is to look at the strength of the preferences in the results for all neutral responses. If they are all 1%, marginal or no preference, then your hypothesis about the scoring is justified. A different result would indicate the scoring to be more complex than you hypothesize.

INTJ
Introvert(100%) iNtuitive(25%) Thinking(62%) Judging(67%)
  • You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (100%)
  • You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (25%)
  • You have distinct preference of Thinking over Feeling (62%)
  • You have distinct preference of Judging over Perceiving (67%)

I have been an ISTJ for decades but I feel a little lonely here because I don't see this type come up very often. I was introduced to Meyers-Briggs by a licensed administrator of the test. She was a PhD prof I n college and I took the test twice with her, in 2 different courses. The experience with her was fabulous. She assigned us to first to a like group and then to a group with different type results. When I was with only my own type we actually could finish each others sentences. The test was to have a group of first like and then mixed types and we were given a serious survival situation to solve. In almost every case we were more productive when working in a mixed group. The various ways of viewing the problem provided better options being selected. Still, working with all ISTJs was heaven. Long before I learned I was an Aspie I found great comfort in learning about the MB theory of personality types. I actually began to try harder working with different types because I realized it could improve production. When I became a Nursing Supervisor and had monthly meetings and problem solving sessions there were a few others who understood their types. We would sometimes intervene when the "others" took over the discussion and point out that by considering different solutions together, we could probably reach the best result. I was very fortunate because the Director of Nursing and I had attended these classes together and she also wanted various inputs and then a careful selection of how to act.

I have been an ISTJ for decades but I feel a little lonely here because I don't see this type come up very often. I was introduced to Meyers-Briggs by a licensed administrator of the test. She was a PhD prof I n college and I took the test twice with her, in 2 different courses. The experience with her was fabulous. She assigned us to first to a like group and then to a group with different type results. When I was with only my own type we actually could finish each others sentences. The test was to have a group of first like and then mixed types and we were given a serious survival situation to solve. In almost every case we were more productive when working in a mixed group. The various ways of viewing the problem provided better options being selected. Still, working with all ISTJs was heaven. Long before I learned I was an Aspie I found great comfort in learning about the MB theory of personality types. I actually began to try harder working with different types because I realized it could improve production. When I became a Nursing Supervisor and had monthly meetings and problem solving sessions there were a few others who understood their types. We would sometimes intervene when the "others" took over the discussion and point out that by considering different solutions together, we could probably reach the best result. I was very fortunate because the Director of Nursing and I had attended these classes together and she also wanted various inputs and then a careful selection of how to act.
Hello, I'm a fellow ISTJ.

11 pages....Anywhere in here, I wonder did someone point out that it's
Myers ? Not Meyers ?
And that this is not a Myers Briggs instrument, but one based on that + Carl Jung?

What is the most accurate free online Myers-Briggs test? - Quora
Above is a link to 9 additional sites offering similar tests. This one is also cited.

Here is a link to Myers & Briggs itself:
The Myers & Briggs Foundation - Take the MBTI® Instrument

[I got ISTJ today on the HumanMetrics, the one from this thread. Maybe I will do some
of the others. Compare.
]

[I got ISTJ today on the HumanMetrics, the one from this thread. Maybe I will do some
of the others. Compare.
]

I scored INTJ on that one again, but the J is only 1%...INTP really does describe me better.

Leverage Your Personality Type

I agree with the first comment on that first link you posted...no online test can really tell what your type is. The best way to find out is to study the functions and get to know yourself better. Another commenter on that page pointed out how rare it is to find someone who knows themselves well enough to even really be able to accurately answer those questions.

Here's a good test I used the other day--it tests each function separately rather than trying to box a person into one of the 16 types:

Keys 2 Cognition - Cognitive Processes

I scored INTJ on that one again, but the J is only 1%...INTP really does describe me better.

Leverage Your Personality Type

I agree with the first comment on that first link you posted...no online test can really tell what your type is. The best way to find out is to study the functions and get to know yourself better. Another commenter on that page pointed out how rare it is to find someone who knows themselves well enough to even really be able to accurately answer those questions.

Here's a good test I used the other day--it tests each function separately rather than trying to box a person into one of the 16 types:

Keys 2 Cognition - Cognitive Processes
Looks good.
I will try it.

OK...I did the Keys 2 Cognition - Cognitive Processes
A much more sensitive instrument than the HumanMetrics thing.
Not just yes or no, but a range of 5 degrees of how well you think a statement describes you.
The discussion goes into detail about the types of thinking, what they deal with & how.

I loved that window with the explanation & FAQ.
I could easily see the researcher's motive behind saying the spellings were correct. lol
There really is a typo in the second line under the Submit button, though.
I didn't see any in the body of the instrument.

My results were:
Stabilizer/Theorist/Catalyst/Improviser

11 pages....Anywhere in here, I wonder did someone point out that it's
Myers ? Not Meyers ?
And that this is not a Myers Briggs instrument, but one based on that + Carl Jung?

What is the most accurate free online Myers-Briggs test? - Quora
Above is a link to 9 additional sites offering similar tests. This one is also cited.

Here is a link to Myers & Briggs itself:
The Myers & Briggs Foundation - Take the MBTI® Instrument

of the others. Compare.
]

I understood that Isabel Myers is Jung's granddaughter. If so, then I don't doubt that it is based on Jung's theories. And on astrology and numerology, which also interested Jung because of their archetypical references.

Mine was Theorist/Catalyst/Improviser/Stabilizer.

What were your first 4 cognitive processes? Mine were Ti (50.9), Ne (43.9), Ni (41.4), and Fi (34.2).

these?
extraverted Sensing (Se) *(14)
introverted Sensing (Si) * (48.8)
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) * (37.1)
introverted Intuiting (Ni) *(18)
extraverted Thinking (Te) * (32.6)
introverted Thinking (Ti) *(35.1)
extraverted Feeling (Fe) *(19.2)
introverted Feeling (Fi) * (36)

Mine don't seem to be arranged in descending order like yours are.
So I copied all of them.

I understood that Isabel Myers is Jung's granddaughter. If so, then I don't doubt that it is based on Jung's theories. And on astrology and numerology, which also interested Jung because of their archetypical references.

Nothing I have seen indicates that Myers or her mother, Briggs, were
biologically related to Jung.

these?
extraverted Sensing (Se) *(14)
introverted Sensing (Si) * (48.8)
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) * (37.1)
introverted Intuiting (Ni) *(18)
extraverted Thinking (Te) * (32.6)
introverted Thinking (Ti) *(35.1)
extraverted Feeling (Fe) *(19.2)
introverted Feeling (Fi) * (36)

Yep, those. I just put them in order myself. So your strongest is Si, followed by Ne, Fi, Ti, and Te all close together. That's interesting that your top two are S and N. Makes it hard to pick a close MBTI type.

ISTJ would seem to fit well except with an extremely well developed Ne.

It's late at night for me and suddenly
Si Ne Fi Ti Te......seem like notes to sing on a periodic table.
I should go to sleep I think......
sleepryeader.gif

New Threads

Top Bottom