• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Personality Type (Myers-Briggs)

Your Type

INTJ

Introvert(44%) iNtuitive(50%) Thinking(12%) Judging(56%)

• You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (44%)
  • You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (50%)
  • You have slight preference of Thinking over Feeling (12%)
  • You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (56%)
---
"INTJs are known as the "Systems Builders" of the types"
:D
This result is not a surprise to me. I have taken similar tests- using MBTI inventory- many times though not for a few years. I often score INTJ or INFJ- usually I hover near where those two meet.

Sometimes I actually flop over to extrovert, though I don't consider myself one at all.
I think I know why that is, now having read a more expanded description of the types. The description of INFJ [though I didn't get that this time, I often do] is as follows- "They are, in fact, sometimes mistaken for extroverts because they appear so outgoing and are so genuinely interested in people -- a product of the Feeling function they most readily show to the world. On the contrary, INFJs are true introverts, who can only be emotionally intimate and fulfilled with a chosen few..."

I've actually found myself trying to explain that to people before. The MBTI isn't pefect, but it's a great guideline and I find it really interesting in figuring out things about myself and others. Fun to see how many people here share such similar traits.

Anyway, I like this thread a lot. Thanks for starting it. :]

INTJ

Introvert(78%) iNtuitive(12%) Thinking(25%) Judging(44%)
  • You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (78%)
  • You have slight preference of Intuition over Sensing (12%)
  • You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (25%)
  • You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (44%)
(I'm self diagnosed ASD)

What's the difference betwen Intuition and Sensing?

What's the difference betwen Intuition and Sensing?

Sensing or iNtuition Preference

"Sensing refers to how people process data. Sensing people focus on the present, they are "here and now" people, who are factual and process information through the five senses. They see things as they are, they are concrete thinkers.

Intuition refers to how people process data. Intuitive people focus on the future and the possibilities. They process information through patterns and impressions. They read between the lines, they are abstract thinkers."

One of my "narrow obsessions" includes personality typology, especially Meyers Briggs.
And I am currently very interested to see what types are most common in people on the Spectrum.

I am an INTJ.

Personality test based on Jung and Briggs Myers typology

If ya'll would take this test, it's not so long, and post your type, it would be greatly appreciated and could actually help me understand things within Aspergers and typology better.

<3:cute:

Oh I love Bridge-Myers. That was one of the first major breakthroughs in my life of self recognition. (and the type of woman i fall for :p).... I am a darn hard core INTJ. Except...and now I realize gosh this was so autism related....when T started to get darn close to F :p. If I wasn't autistic I am sure if would have been F. For me however my first use, was to realize that I completely fall in love with ENFP :p. Nope, not available. The first and returned last one.....has my heart forever :p. Then again I am not expecting to see many ENFP's here. They are rare enough as it is :p. I found this test very useful as a rough hewed categorization method :p. And I like it, because now I finally understand the T vs F conflict with my later life experience. Funny enough in a rather clear way. Gosh I would have been so different in an alternate universe! :p. At least it is something I do very well :D. Oh my god...so many of me favorite or my inspiring hero's of history, are guessed to be one! Ok, lets try to falsify. Well that was a successful falsification :p. This page is fun by the way....if you looking for some relaxement and enjoyment. CelebrityTypes - Overview But what I really liked, is as soon as I started to alter it a bit, my you are awesome feeling went down. And at ITFJ...I got scared :p. I think god made me perfect just the way I am :p. (ps....this feeling is highly personal and there is no right or wrong. But I would love it if you have the same feeling when looking up your own profile).

I love My Little Pony!
The INTJ one, I don't know the name of, but looks like a unicorn.

It's common for on different days for the J or P to change, Meyers Briggs is the most basic form of understanding brain functionality and its infulence on personality.

It tends to be quit stable on a deeper underlying tone. But.....if there is a "left" or a "right", there should also be a middle right ;). (basic understanding of how psychological tests are made up).

For example I seem a P...very often. But at no point do I think like one. It is my weakness that causes me to act like a P sometimes. But I generally consider them my weak moments. No right or wrong. MY weak moments :p.

Sensing or iNtuition Preference

"Sensing refers to how people process data. Sensing people focus on the present, they are "here and now" people, who are factual and process information through the five senses. They see things as they are, they are concrete thinkers.

Intuition refers to how people process data. Intuitive people focus on the future and the possibilities. They process information through patterns and impressions. They read between the lines, they are abstract thinkers."

I agree, and that also explains that be in the present, for example in a Mindfullness ....that never worked for me :p. Hmmm....but if that is true....this might actually lead to a much faster an more effective method of weighting therapy options.

I believe our only E is an ESTJ.

Anyone else have a 100% on Introversion.

Would make sense. My latest experience with being crammed up with to many people completely drove me nuts..and I blamed that on my autistic side. However there is an other type of categorizing, high sensitive people, that I did recognize. It was something about you can shut the world out, or you can eat it, experience it as no tomorrow. And I did that last one for some time. But it was completely draining :p. And I was acting out a complete ENTJ during those days.

Your Type is
INTJ
Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging
Strength of the preferences %
89 25 100 33

Oddly enough, I don't think of myself as an INTJ, but rather as an INTP. And if you were to look at my apartment, you'd probably agree. :lol2:

My apartment looks the same. If not worse :p. But are you really that "chaotic". I basically hate cleaning up, because right now I know where everything is. But when I do....I design a whole new better system to just try to replace an old not so well functioning system. Honestly, it seems to be confusing most people, there is a real system to this mess. First of all, it takes very little maintenance :p. And if I look for something I didn't recently use, I always know exactly where to look.

ISTJ

Introvert(100%) Sensing(12%) Thinking(1%) Judging(11%)
  • You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (100%)
  • You have slight preference of Sensing over Intuition (12%)
  • You have marginal or no preference of Thinking over Feeling (1%)
  • You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (11%)

HERE is a very nifty little site I just found that features a quiz whose answers determines the participant's Myers-Briggs personality type, and presents a butt-load of information relating to your results upon completion of it. (Forgive me if there's already a thread devoted to this.) I'd be very interested to know: what results did you get?

I'm a INFP-T, which stands for "introversion, intuition, feeling and perception", with the "turbulent" modifier suffix. I'll also post a little bit of the post-test evaluation text that came with my personality result, so you have an idea...

INFP personalities are true idealists, always looking for the hint of good in even the worst of people and events, searching for ways to make things better. While they may be perceived as calm, reserved, or even shy, INFPs have an inner flame and passion that can truly shine. Comprising just 4% of the population, the risk of feeling misunderstood is unfortunately high for the INFP personality type - but when they find like-minded people to spend their time with, the harmony they feel will be a fountain of joy and inspiration.

INTJ

Introvert (78%) Intuitive (50%) Thinking (50%) Judging (22%)

Interestingly, the last time I did one of these was about 20 yrs ago and it was the same (don't remember the percentages) so it appears it doesn't change over time.

Well, regardless of the aforementioned other thread on this topic, I am an INTP.

The Introverted trait is very strong, iNtuition is pretty strong but closer to the border of Sensing (kind of 70/40%), Thinking very strong, and Perceiving literally a hair's width from being Judging. In fact, I initially thought I was INTJ but after obsessive research finally settled (sort of) on INTP as the right one.

INTJ
Introvert(56%) iNtuitive(62%) Thinking(50%) Judging(1%)
  • You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (56%)
  • You have distinct preference of Intuition over Sensing (62%)
  • You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (50%)
  • You have marginal or no preference of Judging over Perceiving (1%)

I just took it for myself, and did a little test on that test... because trying to break such a test is fun.

I went ahead and answered everything in the middle as a neutral stance.

I've come to the conclusion that if I'm ambivalent of everything, there shouldn't be a type, unless the statements are biased towards one or the other. Leaving everything neutral leaves me with an ESTJ... to me that's an odd "starting point". But really... if you're ambivalent about everything, you're an extrovert who likes tradition and order?

That all said; I ended up with an INTP-A myself. Which probably adds up with the INTJ I often get as well... The only thing consistent with me is the NT part.. the Intuitive and Thinking.. I and E as wel as P & J are quite interchangeable on how I feel.

Introverted: 14%
Intuitive: 85%
Thinking: 54%
Prospecting: 35%
Assertive: 20%

I'm ISTJ
Introvert: 78%
Sensing: 25%
Thinking: 62%
Judging: 89%

I'm with King_Oni on this one though, a lot of the statements do depend on how I am feeling or what is happening at that time, but my answers fit the average day for me.

I just took it for myself, and did a little test on that test... because trying to break such a test is fun.

I went ahead and answered everything in the middle as a neutral stance.

I've come to the conclusion that if I'm ambivalent of everything, there shouldn't be a type, unless the statements are biased towards one or the other. Leaving everything neutral leaves me with an ESTJ... to me that's an odd "starting point".

Mathematically, your conclusion is not justified. One likely way to create the model is to test for one extreme of each dichotomy. So, for example, it would test for introversion, not extroversion. If responses don't indicate introversion, the subject is an extrovert.

The default type, which in this case, if such a method is used, which appears to be ESTJ, might be chosen arbitrarily or intentionally. It might be that ESTJ is the most common type. Alternately, it might be that introversion can be accurately identified with fewer questions than required to identify extroversion. The other dichotomies could have similar starting points, based on comparative difficulty of testing for each of the two extremes.

Also, we can't assume that the questions are designed in such a way that a neutral response indicates ambivalence.

In tests like these, I suspect the words of Rush provide more truth than ever:
"If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice."

I would be very surprised if the test were designed in a manner that allowed any truthful combination of responses to yield no insight.

Also, we can't assume that the questions are designed in such a way that a neutral response indicates ambivalence.

In tests like these, I suspect the words of Rush provide more truth than ever:
"If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice."

But when dealing with 2 extremes, a black and white... a yes and no, a binairy choice, not answering should yield "no result". If no choice still gives a result, does it mean that you have to actively choose the opposite, just so you don't end up with the thing you don't want... rather than the thing you do want. Honestly, plenty of these questions left me feeling with "I don't care for either". And unless ambivalence by itself gives a certain profile (for example; the fact that you make a choice warrants result X, while refusing to commit warrants result Y).

New Threads

Top Bottom