• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

People that stop talking to you

The Penguin

Chilly Willy The Penguin
You speak with someone new. You enjoy the conversation with them. Later on they don't want to talk to you anymore. This is how my life been for me. It does bother me. However, a person have a choice who they want to be a friend with. I do get confused at times. Did I do something wrong? Am I not interesting enough? I feel I try to care about the person I talk to but it always seems it never enough. I try my best to not think too much about this because if I do, I'm going to go crazy. A few years ago I learned I feel more comfortable with animals when I did my camping and hiking trips. Maybe I'm more of animals person than a people person? I had many people said I should get a pet fish. I'm going to try to make it a goal this weekend. I did learned from some people having a pet made a different for their life. So maybe I'm better off not talking to people and talking to animals instead?

Hey, talking to animals works for me. I'm happy to have their company because they're not judgmental and they don't have unrealistic expectations of me. I am definitely an animal person, and definitely not a people person. People certainly don't seek me out for conversation. I've noticed that all my life. In fact, people tend to go out of their way to avoid speaking to me. I've had an entire classroom full of people fill up before anyone would sit next to me. (No, I don't smell bad, or look like a psycho-killer. :p) I think I intimidate people somehow, but it's hard to know what it is when no one will tell me. Don't you sometimes wish people would just tell you why they don't like you, or what it is that makes them back off? I wish I knew how I am perceived by other people.

Don't you sometimes wish people would just tell you why they don't like you, or what it is that makes them back off? I wish I knew how I am perceived by other people.
I wish that too. Within time when I pay attention to the person behavior I know they are sick of me. They act very differently with me. There even times I make it simple for them to end the friendship so they don't need to feel guilty. I just wish people would be up front with me rather than me trying to figure them out.

I lose track of time so easy it's several weeks before I notice somebody stopped talking to me. Hrm, speaking of which, there is a guy I have bugged in a few months that I need to check on...

I lose track of time so easily that I'm sure many people think I've stopped talking to them! :) (Note to self: Call mother-in-law.)

I've gotten so used to not talking to people for months, so it takes a while to sink in that I've been dumped.

Last night I got a call from a friend saying

'Have we fallen out? Haven't heard from you'

It had only been two weeks, I'd just forgot to call.

You speak with someone new. You enjoy the conversation with them. Later on they don't want to talk to you anymore. This is how my life been for me. It does bother me. However, a person have a choice who they want to be a friend with. I do get confused at times. Did I do something wrong? Am I not interesting enough? I feel I try to care about the person I talk to but it always seems it never enough. I try my best to not think too much about this because if I do, I'm going to go crazy. A few years ago I learned I feel more comfortable with animals when I did my camping and hiking trips. Maybe I'm more of animals person than a people person? I had many people said I should get a pet fish. I'm going to try to make it a goal this weekend. I did learned from some people having a pet made a different for their life. So maybe I'm better off not talking to people and talking to animals instead?
My friend did this to me. She eventually gave me an explanation. I'll PM you in a minute.

I lose track of time so easy it's several weeks before I notice somebody stopped talking to me.

I lose track of time so easily that I'm sure many people think I've stopped talking to them!

I'm curious about this myself. In 'A Field Guide to Earthlings' by Ian Ford, he says that 'All behavior is communication'.
I've lived where I am for a year now, on a boat on a river, by a popular antiques centre and I make a point of smiling, nodding, saying hi to all the neighbours, store keepers and groundspeople there, all familiar faces by now; they all, bar one couple now, just stare back, yet they're friendly to each other.
I believe that there's a 'time limit' to how long an NT can go without communicating before it's assumed by his peers that there's a problem; is he ill? Being aloof or moody for some reason?
If this behavior continues, is he being unfriendly or rude?
I don't keep track of time much at all, so I can only guess that I'm perceived as rude or unsociable when weeks have gone by. :oops:

New Threads

Top Bottom