• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Office politics

Geordie

Geordie
How can autistic people better able to maneuver the infringement of responsibilities beyond another person's personal power in relation to the others, including the autistic worker?

I'd second what Katcha said.. don't play their games.. we're ill equipped to win.
I recently had to use my Aspergers accommodation on file to break out of the class warfare games people were playing (I'm a 19 and you're only a 17 so you have to do what I say even though I'm an techno-idiot).
The sad thing is the issue is one that there should be no debate about whatsoever! The Business users hired consultants to do an external project and now that it's in place and in trouble they want to drop it in ITs lap with no support documentation whatsoever.
I insisted that there must be documentation and they wanted US to create it (we didn't do anything on the project other than give them virtual machines and do default installs of software for them). Apparently they want to have meetings, make the decisions without any technical knowledge of the matter, and then expect blind obedience. It really baffles me!

In the cororate world, the shifting of work onto another department often depends on how much power the higher ups of each department have. It is, another words, about politics and not logic. I spent 20 plus years in large corporations. The best thing to do is to figure out what will make your boss look good and do that. You must not, however, commit to do more work than is possible for you to actually do.

New Threads

Top Bottom