• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

obsessive states

kityoume

hello, I have an obsessive desire to delete dialogues with people on social networks, has anyone experienced this? Sometimes I want to delete all dialogue except for my parents and best friend and it stresses me out because I find it weird. Usually people I see don't bother with these divlogs on their social media. It looks like an obsession, but what to do about it?

WhatsApp has a feature to auto delete conversation lines after a set period. 24 hours I think? It might be worth consideration.

I have an obsession in video games of remaking characters. To the point I just get stuck in a neverending loop. Slightly off tangent with your desire. But I understand how intense seemingly irrational desires can be in one's life.

Ed

Sometimes l want to delete people out of my life, because l don't feel l am important to them, so l have a hard time understanding our acquaintance. I am trying to work on black & white thinking re: this.

hello, I have an obsessive desire to delete dialogues with people on social networks, has anyone experienced this? Sometimes I want to delete all dialogue except for my parents and best friend and it stresses me out because I find it weird. Usually people I see don't bother with these divlogs on their social media. It looks like an obsession, but what to do about it?
YO it's not necessarily an obsession, probably a form of release or a necessary action to defeat internet clutter :) This is what I did when I was quitting Instagram and Twitter (kinda, I still visit IG on my laptop sometimes), I went through ALL the accounts I was following and deleted as many of them as possible that I wasn't interested in following anymore, just by looking at them. In a few weeks I went from 4,000 following to about 90, and I have less than a hundred followers on IG. I deactivated my Twitter account. And my YouTube has under 100 subscribers : ) Sorry if this is not what you were specifically talking about, but I think it's related.

Also, if you have a bad experience with someone who's contacted you on your phone, it can be best to either delete certain messages or delete their contact entirely if you have that much trouble/conflict, I had to do that for my own sanity, safety and protection :3

I go through phases of obsession with music. A few years back, via the youtube I discovered a lot of great French Baroque music, researched their albums, and purchased them--this music was so new and it spun around fresh in my head for many a day.

Other times...well, my obsessions were people--girls, specifically, as I was once a lonely young man. In high school I crushed for one girl for a year or so til she got a nose piercing, and my feelings dissipated. The other worst obsession was in college for yet another girl who may have been on the spectrum like me but I don't know for sure. My thoughts of her would ignite due to escapism and the need to mentally distract myself, but it was very unhealthy.

New Threads

Top Bottom