• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Bedlamite

Greetings,

Once upon a time when I had friends they called me JT. I am a male 65 years of age and retired living in a region of the US that I disdain and refuse to call home. Contemporary society has molded me into a highly cynical recluse. Because of my Asperger’s traits I have developed an acute sentiency – viewing human nature, in general, as untrustworthy. Having been rejected by those who once surrounded me (e.g. – family, coworkers & casual acquaintances) I have spent the last thirty years or more on a personal quest exploring esoteric literature seeking answers to three basic human questions. 1) Who am I? 2) Where did I come from? 3) Why am I here?

Lately, because of my acute intuitiveness, I have come to the belief that my most recent troubles and tribulations are a direct consequence originating from metaphysical origins. Noesis has its consequences. Of late, everything I attempt to accomplish turns to (vulgar fecal matter). Or maybe I’m just a bedlamite.

I hate almost everything but contrariwise my code of ethics contains some optimism. I love my wife, nature, photography and my dog is my best friend. Sharing my cognitive perception of our illusionary reality through photographic imagery is a passion, which here lately I am failing to express - basically, and quite frankly, because nobody seems to give a damn. So I have come to this forum to acquire any conceivable knowledge as to whether or not reasonable intelligence exist outside the neuro-typical world.

My hope is that I may present a positive contribution here and perhaps learn from fellow autistic spectrum disorder embodied souls. God only knows (or whatever deity you may believe in) that this neuro-typical world has embraced the full exemplification of an insane asylum. Although that is their problem I am still solitarily confined here. Regardless, thank you in advance for an opportunity.

Welcome to the Forums! I noticed you're semi-philosophical questions, and if you're into Philosophy, I'm happy to tell you that there are some other members who are also into that kinda thing, notable members being @Wolf31 and @Propianotuner

There's also other members here who are into photography as well, so you'll fit in just dandy

I hope you make new ND Friends and enjoy your stay in the process :)

Hi Bedlamite

welcome to af.png

Welcome Bedlamite. I'm certain that you'll get a lot of useful information here. Your disdain for human nature makes me laugh a little because I feel the same way as you. I don't view it as strictly negative - I see it as reality. Start with nature and then see how we can mess it up. I'm low empathy, but I also feel that getting through the day can become a priority for anyone.

I believe that all of us on the forum question the sanity of the neurotypical world to some degree. We often question how they can do certain things and not consider the implications of their behaviour when it's so clear to us that it doesn't lead to anything good.
I hope you find some answers here, the people here have been incredibly understanding and supportive. They've helped me understand things that I thought were failures on my part, but those things were actually shared experiences with many here. It's been eye-opening and refreshing.

Welcome! :)

I wish to express my gratitude for all the welcome comments. If I reply to anything here my responses will probably be delayed by a day or two - reason being is my only access to the internet is the local public library. I'm still wondering around the forum getting a feel for all the functionalities. Some time in the near future I will surely respond and offer a reply to each individual comment! Again - Thank You!

Hi Bedlamite. When you do get back on here, check out a fairly recent post titled - post a photo you have taken. There's some really good ones.
I kind of think we are all a little more philosophical than the average NT. We think more and act less. Out of curiosity, are you in the eastern or western US.

Hi Bedlamite. When you do get back on here, check out a fairly recent post titled - post a photo you have taken. There's some really good ones.
I kind of think we are all a little more philosophical than the average NT. We think more and act less. Out of curiosity, are you in the eastern or western US.

I will definitely check out the photography post. I am on the east coast, having been born and raised in eastern Virginia but now reside in northern West Virginia.

I will definitely check out the photography post. I am on the east coast, having been born and raised in eastern Virginia but now reside in northern West Virginia.
Then I get it. I hate it living in eastern US. Just too much green and not enough sky. Give me dirt and sagebrush, rocks and snowy peaks. :)
I was born in Galax, Va. Familiar?

Then I get it. I hate it living in eastern US. Just too much green and not enough sky. Give me dirt and sagebrush, rocks and snowy peaks. :)
I was born in Galax, Va. Familiar?

Yes. I know of Galax but I've never been there. I notice the state sign post in your avatar is Montana. Is this your current home state? Beautiful mountain scenery there by-the-way!

Yes. I know of Galax but I've never been there. I notice the state sign post in your avatar is Montana. Is this your current home state? Beautiful mountain scenery there by-the-way!
No - that picture is from this past summer, trip with my son and his family. I love it out there - Montana, Wyoming, Utah. 3 very unique states with such variety of scenery. I've been to all of them and these three are by far my favorite.

New Threads

Top Bottom