• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Noisy or quiet?

At least you're quiet with sensitive hearing. People tell me I'm loud, so they brush it off when I have sensitive hearing. Almost every noise bothers me except for certain instruments, playing loud enough music in my ears with earplugs to block out other loud noises, and my own voice. That's why my mother questions my sensitive hearing, and idk why I'm stuck like this. I mean, I know WHY I have sensitive hearing--*cough* *cough--autism--*cough*--SPD.. But why can I tolerate certain noises that seem some louder to others than to me? I'll never know. So I'm stuck living in agony forever. I'm okay with people talking unless it's loud or if their screaming/yelling. As far as clanging things, stomping, snapping, clapping, people are way too loud in everything they do. I've been to the zoo, and the ANIMALS are quieter than humans! I've shadowed at the vet for 20 hours, and the only noise I suffered from was the slamming door and that one for who just got lonely when people left him in the room. If a human stays in the room with him, he's calm, but when we leave, he will cry. Other than that, the dogs and cats were all quiet. So I know I can work a vet job after college. The only thing is the humans and their loud objects/machinery.

New Threads

Top Bottom