• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Newly Diagnosed at 45!

jmday

HI - I'm 45 years old and I was diagnosed two months ago with SPD and AS. Since then, seems like a whirlwind for my husband and I. But honestly it makes so much sense and answers a lot of questions on why and "WTF just happened" etc.

So here's to starting the adventure in the new "normal".

jmd

scores -
extremely sensory defensive to light, sounds, touches
170 out of 200 on aspie test.

Hello :) Welcome to where the "real normal" is! :D It's a great community, and very helpful to me when I arrived, at 39...

Hi welcome to AC I am 33 and diagnosed a few months ago. Some great people here.

Welcome! I just got diagnosed a couple of weeks ago...at age 53! I think I am the oldest member.......... It was also a very weird feeling to discover I was not Bipolar, but an Aspie instead. I had to shift gears, so to speak, in my head. It was a relief to finally have a correct dx, but at the same time it almost felt like I became a different person overnight.....
Does this make any sense?!!!

Ha. The real normal.

My husband has been so supportive since we got the new manual. Thanks and I look forward to being with you folks.

Ha. The real normal.

My husband has been so supportive since we got the new manual. Thanks and I look forward to being with you folks.

Wish mine was, he's a workaholic, so he keeps expecting me to 'snap out of it' really soon! Don't think that is going to happen! I could be on my death bed and he'd be expecting me to 'snap out of it' and cook him dinner or clean the house...
Your are a lucky woman.

Welcome, jmday. I was diagnosed just last year, at the age of 54 (beat you by a year, gailt915!). I learned a great deal from this little community, and it has made it much easier to come to grips with all of it, than it would have done alone. You have come to a great place.

Hi and welcome. like you I am learning about it as well. I was diagosed in july this year at 48, theres hope for us older ones yet.

New Threads

Top Bottom