• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

( newest video) why being in the middle of the spectrum can be an ok thing

Jenisautistic

V.I.P Member

Please let me know your thoughts

I tried to come up with some positives about being in the middle of the spectum

and decided to make a video about it

Great work, Jen. I’m always happy when I see you have a new recording posted. Thank you for sharing.

Last edited:
You are right, being in the middle of the spectrum is a OK thing. Just think, if you weren't on the spectrum, you would not be you. Then we would not get to know you. I like knowing you.

Good job Jen. Everyone has the right to pursue happiness on their own terms and with their own interests and abilities. Everyone deals with life one step at a time, so you are free to set your own pace and your own goals. I like the positive spin in your videos. You are realistic and you are aware of challenges. I can see that you reflect a lot.

I couldn't really understand what you were saying because the background music was too loud. Perhaps you could add subtitles to it?

I couldn't really understand what you were saying because the background music was too loud. Perhaps you could add subtitles to it?
sure not a problem

why being in the middle of the spectrum can be an OK thing

although People always say being in the middle is not easy There are some positives about being in the middle

When it comes to Being in the middle of the spectrum, honestly in can be challenging. Many days give me confusion and frustration but, being in the middle can also mean you could see more perspectives and other People sometimes.

Some People being in the middle of the spectrum understand more about autism parents and the lower functioning population as well as seeing points the higher functioning population as well.

Being in the middle sometimes get help you figure out why people with lower functioning relatives sometimes feel like they need a cure for their relative, as well as understanding those People with Asperger that believe that autism is the next step evolution.

I do believe that even though some aspects of autism need to be accommodated in different ways, we need to find a balance.

Also, it may be hard to understand, but possibly People with lower functioning and mid functioning autism could look into other high functioning autistic people and know they can achieve goals in their own way.
Know you can do anything no matter your level of severity!

Even if the accommodations or work arounds don't exist yet because again,

we all matter!

New Threads

Top Bottom