• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

New to all of this

Virandi

Hi, I'm Virandi. I have been struggling with mental health issues been misdiagnosed for 11 years and finally was diagnosed with Aspergers at 23. I'm so relieved because everything finally makes sense and I have found people I can relate to online but world is so big and scary because I feel like I don't get anyone and no one I know in real life gets me and worse - people irl refuse to accept I'm aspergers. It is very exhausting, navigating the world when i feel like an outsider but I'm glad I found this forum so I can learn more about myself and others :)

People have trouble accepting things they don’t understand. And don’t care to learn . I have the the same problems with in my family . Welcome here I am sure you can related to us on here .

I think you may find yourself right at home here with the misdiagnosis and the exhaustion with navigating the world.

There’s a good amount of fun and lighthearted stuff going on, too, and I find it sometimes helps to balance out all the heaviness of the “learning about yourself.“ That’s what I am doing here, too, but it’s fun to just play games now and then as well.

Welcome.

welcome to af.png

I think you may find yourself right at home here with the misdiagnosis and the exhaustion with navigating the world.

There’s a good amount of fun and lighthearted stuff going on, too, and I find it sometimes helps to balance out all the heaviness of the “learning about yourself.“ That’s what I am doing here, too, but it’s fun to just play games now and then as well.

Welcome.
That's so comforting to know! Thank you so much

Hi and welcome, it's good that you are here. Glad you found us! People don't tend to understand autism in the high functioning categories, it's neurological so we can't just change things, but also I would say that we can sometimes not realise that some of how we are may be due to family background and upbringing and there's some useful work we can do on that to make ourselves more comfortable in the world.

I hope you enjoy it here and find it useful and supportive. And fun!

Hi, I'm Virandi. I have been struggling with mental health issues been misdiagnosed for 11 years and finally was diagnosed with Aspergers at 23. I'm so relieved because everything finally makes sense and I have found people I can relate to online but world is so big and scary because I feel like I don't get anyone and no one I know in real life gets me and worse - people irl refuse to accept I'm aspergers. It is very exhausting, navigating the world when i feel like an outsider but I'm glad I found this forum so I can learn more about myself and others :)
You may wish to look at my reply to GypsyMoth a little earlier today. Pretty much the same question. Welcome and grow stronger here. I have seen several people improve their attitude and inner strength in the time I have been on this forum.

My 16 year old son was diagnosed literally three days ago. He would agree that he feels very much like an outsider. Nobody seems to understand him and he feels rejected all the time. I'm glad I found this forum as well and am seriously considering having him create a profile so he can talk to other people who understand and will accept his differences.

New Threads

Top Bottom