• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

New Radio Station For autistic adults

Steve Day

My names Steve Day and I live in South Wales and have adult step son with Asperger syndrome, and for the last three years whilst my step son was studying for a degree at Swansea University he was involved in the Student Union radio station which he loved.

Now my son has completed his degree he has lost access to the radio station, and like many adults within the autistic spectrum he is unemployed and unable to find any work or even voluntary work.

Having worked for over twenty five years in the media industry as a broadcast engineer /producer in radio and television and now semi-retired, my aim is to start a not for profit internet radio station specifically for autistic adults of all ages.

My names Steve Day and I live in South Wales and have adult step son with Asperger syndrome, and for the last three years whilst my step son was studying for a degree at Swansea University he was involved in the Student Union radio station which he loved.

Now my son has completed his degree he has lost access to the radio station, and like many adults within the autistic spectrum he is unemployed and unable to find any work or even voluntary work.

Having worked for over twenty five years in the media industry as a broadcast engineer /producer in radio and television and now semi-retired, my aim is to start a not for profit internet radio station specifically for autistic adults of all ages.

It would be helpful if you'd post the link to the Radio Station, however I'm not sure of the rules on advertising here.

I've previously worked on local Hospital Radio so I have experience in the field, but only as a co presenter.

Hi Steve Day :)

welcome.png

It would be helpful if you'd post the link to the Radio Station, however I'm not sure of the rules on advertising here.

I've previously worked on local Hospital Radio so I have experience in the field, but only as a co presenter.
I've asked the web site managers about promoting the Radio station but am still waiting for a response, the radio website is www.wamradio.co.uk and it would be great to see you at the station, keep in touch.

Hi Steve, welcome to the forum. The radio station sounds great, I will definitely check it out thanks. I really like podcasts too, so if it was made into a podcast that would be even better for me.

Nice to meet you Steve. The internet radio station and podcasts sound great! Brilliant idea :)

New Threads

Top Bottom