• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

New Obsession: Beethoven's Fifth Symphony in C Minor

autism-and-autotune

A musical mind with recent revelations
Not just the first movement, which is more famous than the others.

The whole thing. I don't know why I go through phases where I seek something harmonically 'out there' like Beethoven tends to do, but here we are.

The other night while I was busy attempting to be mindless I recollected that the day previous at work while I was dealing with the onslaught of customers, the first movement was just bouncing in my head. I got home and decided to pull up a score video because why not, and then I was just caught. Maybe to help me figure out how the music works, and why?

Anyways, that's all.

I have listened to them all a few times. The 7th is prob my favorite, but others can really speak to me at different times.

Have you ever heard of the old TV show, Omnibus. It was a program of amazing intelligence. Some episodes had Leonard Bernstein musically deconstructing everything from Beethoven to Jazz. Here he takes on the 5th. Enjoy.

Though, hearing the 9th live done by the Chicago Symphony was transcendental.

For Bernstein's centenary, TCM rebroadcast his Omnibus recordings. I am astounded that this was considered adult entertainment in the 1950s. I do not think many have the attention and discipline for such anymore.

Last edited:
Have you ever heard of the old TV show, Omnibus. It was a program of amazing intelligence. Some episodes had Leonard Bernstein musically deconstructing everything from Beethoven to Jazz. Here he takes on the 5th. Enjoy.

He hosted a documentary called Inside Pop: The Rock Revolution, which was similar. He discusses songs by The Beatles, Beach Boys, The Lovin' Spoonful, and others.

New Threads

Top Bottom