• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

New Movies

Georgia Galaxy

Georgie Girl <3
V.I.P Member
I have this thing where I'm usually not all that excited when a new movie trailer is out and everyone's talking about it, but I get excited later when it gets closer to come out? How do you guys feel about new movies coming out (even if you're old and prefer 80s movies lol) ?
Also, for new movies I'm hyped for the Mario and Barbie movies, since I love the franchises ^^

Since I have watched movies since the 1980s, new movies are rarely exiting anymore. You reach a point where it takes a lot for a new movie to be exciting. And you watch only 45 minutes of them, it's strange, you reach the 45 minute mark and just lose interest. You don't care how it ends. I prefer movies from 1940s-1980s now. So many good old movies. Just 1980s comedies alone is a movie goldmine.

Since I have watched movies since the 1980s, new movies are rarely exiting anymore. You reach a point where it takes a lot for a new movie to be exciting. I prefer movies from 1940s-1980s now. So many good old movies. Just 1980s comedies alone is a movie goldmine.
Heheh, that's true! I enjoy watching old movies, especially ones I have seen before. I think they're relaxing and for me it is different ^^

Heheh, that's true! I enjoy watching old movies, especially ones I have seen before. I think they're relaxing and for me it is different ^^

Yeah some movies are so good they can be watched again and again. And there's something comfortable about it, it doesn't change. It feels safe and familiar in a way.

Yeah some movies are so good they can be watched again and again. And there's something comfortable about it, it doesn't change. It feels safe and familiar in a way.
Agreed. Have you ever heard of a movie called Every Which Way But Loose starring Clint Eastwood (1978)? And have you ever seen a Clint Eastwood movie? And another one: As Good As It Gets (1997)?

Agreed. Have you ever heard of a movie called Every Which Way But Loose starring Clint Eastwood (1978)? And have you ever seen a Clint Eastwood movie? And another one: As Good As It Gets (1997)?

Oh yeah, I have seen Clint Eastwood movies. He's a legend. Those cowboy movies he is in is great. He's one of those actors that makes a bad movie good just by being in it. I even watched "The Bridges of Madison County". As Good As It Gets is pretty good. Jack Nicholson, another legend.

I watched a new-ish movie called "Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri", that one was surprisingly good.

Agreed. Have you ever heard of a movie called Every Which Way But Loose starring Clint Eastwood (1978)?
I remember going to the drive in theatre to see that when it first came out, and I loved it. Right turn, Clive.

I also loved the spaghetti westerns with Bud Hill and Terrence Spencer.

I don't pay any attention to what's new in movies any more, I don't watch that many.

I like good SciFi, and things like the Marvel and DC franchises leave me cold. They seem made for limited attention spans. My love for the genre started with Forbidden Planet when I was six. It was a long dry spell until 2001. Then, more notably, some recent good ones were Europa Report, Contact, Cloud Atlas, Interstellar, and Arrival. More drama, but scary was Contagion and Deep Impact. And mind bending has been Dark City, Donnie Darko, Source Code, and now, Everything, Everywhere, All at Once.

I remember going to the drive in theatre to see that when it first came out, and I loved it. Right turn, Clive.

I also loved the spaghetti westerns with Bud Hill and Terrence Spencer.

I don't pay any attention to what's new in movies any more, I don't watch that many.
Yay!! You know it ^^ Yay my Dad really loves the Terence Hill and Bud Spencer movies!!

I like good SciFi, and things like the Marvel and DC franchises leave me cold. They seem made for limited attention spans. My love for the genre started with Forbidden Planet when I was six. It was a long dry spell until 2001. Then, more notably, some recent good ones were Europa Report, Contact, Cloud Atlas, Interstellar, and Arrival. More drama, but scary was Contagion and Deep Impact. And mind bending has been Dark City, Donnie Darko, Source Code, and now, Everything, Everywhere, All at Once.
I sort of agree with the Marvel stuff lol. OOH, I like Deep Impact! What's the last one you mentioned like? I haven't heard of a lot of these ones!

Oh yeah, I have seen Clint Eastwood movies. He's a legend. Those cowboy movies he is in is great. He's one of those actors that makes a bad movie good just by being in it. I even watched "The Bridges of Madison County". As Good As It Gets is pretty good. Jack Nicholson, another legend.

I watched a new-ish movie called "Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri", that one was surprisingly good.
I know right ^^!! I'm glad you agree, and that movie sounds cool although, a bit mature for me at this stage !

I sort of agree with the Marvel stuff lol. OOH, I like Deep Impact! What's the last one you mentioned like? I haven't heard of a lot of these ones!
E, E, AAO, just took a slew of Oscars. It is a strange tale where the protagonist learns to channel her lives in the multiverse to save her daughter who wants to destroy the multiverse with an everything bagel.

E, E, AAO, just took a slew of Oscars. It is a strange tale where the protagonist learns to channel her lives in the multiverse to save her daughter who wants to destroy the multiverse with an everything bagel.
Woah..... I really wanna see this movie now!

Okay this is cheesy, but I’m looking forward to the new Five Nights at Freddy’s movie. It’s based on a video game and it’s finally getting a movie. Everyone is talking about it recently since they started filing this year. I am looking forward to seeing the new Mario movie too.

I hope it will be great. I’m also looking forward to the third Sonic movie. I really liked the first and second one. I still can’t believe an entire fandom bullied the franchise to change the design of Sonic. That really blew me away if you know what I’m talking about. I was happy with the redesign though looked so much better.

I am looking forward to Attack of the Meth Gator.
This sounds like the sequel to cocaine bear lol

I love going to the theater and watching new movies. Some are bad and unremarkable so it’s always a bit of a gamble, but I am willing to say that just as many movies I watch in the theater are amazing. I just tend to avoid all the mainstream stuff since it’s all super boring and just soulless.
The best recent ones I’ve seen were: Drive my Car, EEAAO, Tár and Banshees of Inisherin. All of these are just great.

I also like to watch older movies when they have special viewings in the cinema, like recently I watched The Shining and it was a lot of fun. Clint Eastwood however I can’t really get behind :/

Last edited:
Clint Eastwood however I can’t really get behind :/

Uh-oh, Clint heard you... ;)

eastwood-meme-13.jpg

I used to love going to the movies as a kid.

Batman (1989)
The Little Mermaid
Beauty and the Beast
The Lion King
Austin Powers
Schindler's List (yep)
Edward Scissorhands
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Home Alone
Titanic
Dick Tracy
Mask
Mars Attacks
Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
Forest Gump
Dumb and Dumber
Ace Ventura
Liar, Liar
Robinhood: Men in Tights
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
The Ducktails movie (at a drive-in)

And many others I'm forgetting. Titanic was fun because they let people sit on the floor, there was such a demand for tickets.

When I was a little older I loved

The Lord of the Rings
Mulholland Dr.
The Devil's Rejects
Ghostworld
Grindhouse
Zodiac

And some of the Jackass movies. Mulholland Dr. was the best because at the end a guy stood up and yelled, "You need a therapist!" I was a Lynch fanatic, so it was the perfect experience.

There was also a midnight movie theater near me that showed older stuff. I got to see Polyester and Army of Darkness there. The owner would dress in a tuxedo and introduce the movies. It was adorable and awesome.

I don't really go to the movies now (except the last Jackass), but trailers can be pretty fun. They are an art form.

Last edited:
This sounds like the sequel to cocaine bear lol

I love going to the theater and watching new movies. Some are bad and unremarkable so it’s always a bit of a gamble, but I am willing to say that just as many movies I watch in the theater are amazing. I just tend to avoid all the mainstream stuff since it’s all super boring and just soulless.
The best recent ones I’ve seen were: Drive my Car, EEAAO, Tár and Banshees of Inisherin. All of these are just great.

I also like to watch older movies when they have special viewings in the cinema, like recently I watched The Shining and it was a lot of fun. Clint Eastwood however I can’t really get behind :/
Woah it's okay! Not everyone likes Clint. The Shining is really good and I watched it in school last year I think ^^

New Threads

Top Bottom