• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Welcome, Veronica!

That's a fascinating subject to study, and I think I could go on about my own food for a very long time... survey taken, but I'm open to an email interview if you need more info on my love of broccoli (or other information on food, but I thought I should disclose my obsession first).

You may also find the searchbox useful, we've had a few interesting threads on food issues, textures, and favorite/most hated food.
Thank you for taking the survey, and for the suggestion :) This is my email address: [email protected] Send me an email and we can start an interview. You can answer questions at your convenience. I hope to hear from you! :)

Hi Veronica, I quite like doing surveys, so I'm doing yours now. But I notice it asks me which state I live in, suggesting that you only want US respondents. I'm in the UK. I'll continue, but you might want to clarify for others here.
Thats a good point. I originally was aiming for US respondents but I am having a difficult time getting enough people to take the survey. If I include the responses from UK participants then it may have some limitations because of what you mentioned in the demographic questions and the food intake questionnaires are validated for the US population (serving sizes and such). Just some things for me to consider but for now I will take all the responses that I can get.

Nutrition wise, alls I really have to say is I've always tried to have a diet rich in Mike & Ikes. It plays hell with your health, but they taste really good. ;)

mike-and-ike.jpg

Nutrition wise, alls I really have to say is I've always tried to have a diet rich in Mike & Ikes. It plays hell with your health, but they taste really good. ;)

mike-and-ike.jpg

We live in a glorious age of food and flavors. Mike and Ikes are a good example of that. Health is a delicate balance.

There's food for the body and then there's food for the soul. Personally, I think the field of nutrition narrowly focuses on only the relationship between physical health and food/diet. There is much more to health than the physical and there is much more to food than it's nutritional qualities. Food has a role in our emotional and spiritual well-being as well. Eating is a behavior but it is also an experience. One that is integral to our social and emotional wellbeing.

Thats a good point. I originally was aiming for US respondents but I am having a difficult time getting enough people to take the survey. If I include the responses from UK participants then it may have some limitations because of what you mentioned in the demographic questions and the food intake questionnaires are validated for the US population (serving sizes and such). Just some things for me to consider but for now I will take all the responses that I can get.
i've completed the survey but I'm from the UK

New Threads

Top Bottom