• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

New Course on Autism

There isn't really enough information about the course, but I might sign up and give it a try. At least to see whether it's biased in some way. I wonder if it's meant strictly for NTs or whether people on the spectrum would be welcome.

There isn't really enough information about the course, but I might sign up and give it a try. At least to see whether it's biased in some way. I wonder if it's meant strictly for NTs or whether people on the spectrum would be welcome.

I think it could be valuable to give it a try.

I posted about an autism mooc, ages ago.
They tend to repeat.

The course will be simple to complete.

The main point is the discussion element where it may be possible to throw a few ideas into the mix.
Particularly about how wrong everyone's ideas are!

If you have the patience to do it.

I doubt everyone's ideas are wrong. The two lecturers for the course seem to be typical academics, but the way the intentions of the MOOC are expressed, plus the presence of three people on the spectrum (if they're actually participants in the course), makes it look hopeful.

This won't be my first MOOC course, and I do hope that it will be worthwhile to throw in a few ideas.

I doubt everyone's ideas are wrong. The two lecturers for the course seem to be typical academics, but the way the intentions of the MOOC are expressed, plus the presence of three people on the spectrum (if they're actually participants in the course), makes it look hopeful.

This won't be my first MOOC course, and I do hope that it will be worthwhile to throw in a few ideas.

More participants being wrong, was more my aim.
Sorry to throw off with lack of clarity..

I enjoyed the one I did.

My understanding is that the course is essentially being given by those with ASD in order to foster better understanding and that all are welcome. I don't know if there will be an opportunity for feedback but I know Paul, who is participating, would be very open to feedback.

I would have liked to sign up, and started to register. But it's not to be. They require a mobile number, and that's personal information I simply do not give out. I looked for a way to contact someone to ask about it, since I don't understand why they would need anyone's phone number, but there's nothing.

I signed up but can't recall that. I hardly ever use my mobile so I give it out when I don't want to be bothered, LOL. Maybe you could just put in your home number if you have one (I have a magic jack phone on my computer)?

I signed up but can't recall that. I hardly ever use my mobile so I give it out when I don't want to be bothered, LOL. Maybe you could just put in your home number if you have one (I have a magic jack phone on my computer)?
Lucy, my mobile number is my home number, so no, I'm not giving it out.

Okay, here's an update. Since I am interested in taking a course on autism, or at least seeing what's out there, I did a Google search and found this: Page from Understanding Autism - The University of Kent
Understanding Autism - It's a free 4/week course from the University of Kent, and judging from the introductory video (with a transcript), looks to be potentially interesting. There's no start date, and judging from the number of comments on the intro (over 200) it's probably been online for some time.

Okay, here's an update. Since I am interested in taking a course on autism, or at least seeing what's out there, I did a Google search and found this: Page from Understanding Autism - The University of Kent
Understanding Autism - It's a free 4/week course from the University of Kent, and judging from the introductory video (with a transcript), looks to be potentially interesting. There's no start date, and judging from the number of comments on the intro (over 200) it's probably been online for some time.

Yeh that's the kind of thing I did initially.
But mine was 2 weeks.

New Threads

Top Bottom