• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

New and hoping to make some friends!

Hey everybody! My name’s Jessica and I’m
35. I’m a Los Angeles native but I’m moving to Northern California in about 3 weeks. My life in LA consisted of me being isolated in my condo all the time, and I’m hoping to change that once I move.
Anyway, I would be thrilled to make some new friends on here because to be completely honest, I don’t have any real-world friends. I did when I was younger, but I’ve been friendless for quite a while now.
Thanks for reading and please shoot me an email or whatever the messaging system on here is if you’d like to talk!

Greetings Jessica! I'm sure you will be able to socialize and maybe even gain some friends on the forum (I know I have).

Now, based on your username, I am curious. Do you have a specific type of plays you prefer, or are you more of an omnivore? Personally, I prefer smaller stage, more intimate plays, though I also appreciate the bombast of a good musical. Some of my favourites have been "People, Places, Things", "Doubt" and "the Father" (a couple of years before the movie).

I wish you a nice time on the forum, and good luck moving!

Greetings Jessica! I'm sure you will be able to socialize and maybe even gain some friends on the forum (I know I have).

Now, based on your username, I am curious. Do you have a specific type of plays you prefer, or are you more of an omnivore? Personally, I prefer smaller stage, more intimate plays, though I also appreciate the bombast of a good musical. Some of my favourites have been "People, Places, Things", "Doubt" and "the Father" (a couple of years before the movie).

I wish you a nice time on the forum, and good luck moving!
Hi! Thank you!
Although I personally have no musical ability whatsoever, I’m a huge musical theater-lover. I actually have a tattoo of a song title from my favorite musical, Dear Evan Hansen. Yes, I am that much of a dork. In terms of plays, comedy is my favorite genre.
I’m an actress myself as well. I was part of a sketch comedy troupe several years ago, which I absolutely loved until the troupe imploded. More recently I’ve done a lot of background and audience work here in LA. I’ve been a background actor in everything from Straight Outta Compton to NBC’s Superstore. You can currently catch the back of my head and part of my profile portraying a lawyer in episode 2 of the new Netflix docuseries “Pepsi, Where’s My Jet?”. Audience work is even better. Most of the tv shows that film in front of a live audience pay actors to sit there and pretend to be interested in whatever is going on. My favorite gig was Judge Judy, which I did a bunch of times.
I’ll stop rambling about my resume now, but the basic answer is that I love anything related to acting!

Hello and welcome. That is a happy looking cat on your shoulder.

There’s a huge mix of things going on here, some serious stuff, some just for fun. Seeing as your sweet cat made it into your avatar, you may want to check out this thread where we all just post pictures of our pets.

Thread 'What is Your Pet Doing Right Now?'
What is Your Pet Doing Right Now?

Hello and welcome. That is a happy looking cat on your shoulder.

There’s a huge mix of things going on here, some serious stuff, some just for fun. Seeing as your sweet cat made it into your avatar, you may want to check out this thread where we all just post pictures of our pets.

Thread 'What is Your Pet Doing Right Now?'
What is Your Pet Doing Right Now?
Oh cool! I’ll definitely check that out. My cat’s name is Westley because I’m obsessed with the Princess Bride :)

Hi! Thank you!
Although I personally have no musical ability whatsoever, I’m a huge musical theater-lover. I actually have a tattoo of a song title from my favorite musical, Dear Evan Hansen. Yes, I am that much of a dork. In terms of plays, comedy is my favorite genre.
I’m an actress myself as well. I was part of a sketch comedy troupe several years ago, which I absolutely loved until the troupe imploded. More recently I’ve done a lot of background and audience work here in LA. I’ve been a background actor in everything from Straight Outta Compton to NBC’s Superstore. You can currently catch the back of my head and part of my profile portraying a lawyer in episode 2 of the new Netflix docuseries “Pepsi, Where’s My Jet?”. Audience work is even better. Most of the tv shows that film in front of a live audience pay actors to sit there and pretend to be interested in whatever is going on. My favorite gig was Judge Judy, which I did a bunch of times.
I’ll stop rambling about my resume now, but the basic answer is that I love anything related to acting!
Welcome!
Oooooohhhhh! My favorite are the musicals by Sondheim. I saw Sweeney Todd on Broadway, and I was hooked. My spouse and I went to London and saw 7 plays in 6 days. Plays like; SIX, Company - with a female lead, Caroline and Change, When Animals and Children Took to the Streets, Come From Away, and a couple more.

Hello.
If you add me to your friend list, l would be honored to be friends. That cat says it all, that you are a quality friend.

Your move sounds great. PM if you need support. Moves are stressful for me.

Welcome. :)

Hi Jessica, welcome! :)
You already fit right in! Hope you enjoy it here!

I love your cat btw! And Westley is a great name.

Hey there and warm welcome Jessica. I do hope you will find this place as welcoming and supportive as i have since i first arrive here and needless to say i still do.

Like you i spend the majority of my life at home all alone but i do have lots of online friends all over the globe so i never feel all alone. I have maybe a handfull of reel friends in real life but they as well as family are all scattered around the country /world , so contact is by phone or online (mostly online)

I do hope and wish you to find lots of new friends in Cali but never forget you be YOU. if they can't accept you as you then they aren't worthy to be your friends. ALL my reel friends have accepted me as i am with all my gazillion diagnosis and other problems.

LOVE musicals my favorites are Chess, Cats, Sound of music and of course the king = The phantom of the opera

Last edited:
welcome to af.png

35. I’m a Los Angeles native but I’m moving to Northern California in about 3 weeks. My life in LA consisted of me being isolated in my condo all the time, and I’m hoping to change that once I move.
Anyway, I would be thrilled to make some new friends on here because to be completely honest, I don’t have any real-world friends. I did when I was younger, but I’ve been friendless for quite a while now.
Thanks for reading and please shoot me an email or whatever the messaging system on here is if you’d like to talk!
Welcome!

Hello and welcome.

my husband is my only true friend in this world. I also had friends when I was younger but with my bad social skills I just don’t go out anywhere so when I kind of make a friend it just falls flat because I don’t want to go and socialize. I am quite content with it just being my husband, the cat and my husbands family. I love my own company so cherish the time I get on my own.

Hi! I'm also new here. I'm 36 and have led a very quiet life in the midwest (acting in LA sounds exciting!), but regardless of the circumstances, I relate. I don't have many friends left either.

I love your cat! He looks very cozy and happy. I hope you both weather your move well. My house is home to several pets, including 3 cats, a leopard gecko, and 3 spiders!

I'm excited to be here and very hopeful to make some new connections. Happy to be here with you :)

New Threads

Top Bottom