• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

New and hoping to make some friends!

It's nice to meet you! I've been in a similar position as you for most of my life; isolated and seeking connections in a sometimes hostile world. But maybe this is a sign that you've arrived! I was just in LA last month running around the city in my underwear like a crazy person :D

Hi! I'm also new here. I'm 36 and have led a very quiet life in the midwest (acting in LA sounds exciting!), but regardless of the circumstances, I relate. I don't have many friends left either.

I love your cat! He looks very cozy and happy. I hope you both weather your move well. My house is home to several pets, including 3 cats, a leopard gecko, and 3 spiders!

I'm excited to be here and very hopeful to make some new connections. Happy to be here with you :)
Hello

Welcome!
Oooooohhhhh! My favorite are the musicals by Sondheim. I saw Sweeney Todd on Broadway, and I was hooked. My spouse and I went to London and saw 7 plays in 6 days. Plays like; SIX, Company - with a female lead, Caroline and Change, When Animals and Children Took to the Streets, Come From Away, and a couple more.
Cool! Was the Company production with Rosalie Craig?

It's nice to meet you! I've been in a similar position as you for most of my life; isolated and seeking connections in a sometimes hostile world. But maybe this is a sign that you've arrived! I was just in LA last month running around the city in my underwear like a crazy person :D
Haha do you mind if I ask why you were in your underwear?

Hello.
If you add me to your friend list, l would be honored to be friends. That cat says it all, that you are a quality friend.

Your move sounds great. PM if you need support. Moves are stressful for me.

Welcome. :)
Thank you, you’re so sweet! I have no idea how to add you to my friend list. Can you add me?

Haha do you mind if I ask why you were in your underwear?
I had just finished driving 30+ hours to Las Vegas from Chicago, then drove to Santa Monica after two days in Vegas. We slept by the beach and woke up the next day with time to kill before my friend needed to get to LAX - so... Still in my beach outfit (underwear), I had to run into a café to pick up bubble tea because we were double parked on the street.

What an adventure! I love those little vignettes of madness from my own life :)

Hey there and warm welcome Jessica. I do hope you will find this place as welcoming and supportive as i have since i first arrive here and needless to say i still do.

Like you i spend the majority of my life at home all alone but i do have lots of online friends all over the globe so i never feel all alone. I have maybe a handfull of reel friends in real life but they as well as family are all scattered around the country /world , so contact is by phone or online (mostly online)

I do hope and wish you to find lots of new friends in Cali but never forget you be YOU. if they can't accept you as you then they aren't worthy to be your friends. ALL my reel friends have accepted me as i am with all my gazillion diagnosis and other problems.

LOVE musicals my favorites are Chess, Cats, Sound of music and of course the king = The phantom of the opera
Thank you for the kind words!
Are you familiar with Dear Evan Hansen? It’s my favorite musical

I had just finished driving 30+ hours to Las Vegas from Chicago, then drove to Santa Monica after two days in Vegas. We slept by the beach and woke up the next day with time to kill before my friend needed to get to LAX - so... Still in my beach outfit (underwear), I had to run into a café to pick up bubble tea because we were double parked on the street.

What an adventure! I love those little vignettes of madness from my own life :)
Wait, did you actually sleep on the beach? That’s a bold move considering the insane amount of crime here

Hello and welcome.

my husband is my only true friend in this world. I also had friends when I was younger but with my bad social skills I just don’t go out anywhere so when I kind of make a friend it just falls flat because I don’t want to go and socialize. I am quite content with it just being my husband, the cat and my husbands family. I love my own company so cherish the time I get on my own.
Hi! Oh man, I’m so jealous that you have a husband! I’ve been single for a looooong time and I hate it

Hi! I'm also new here. I'm 36 and have led a very quiet life in the midwest (acting in LA sounds exciting!), but regardless of the circumstances, I relate. I don't have many friends left either.

I love your cat! He looks very cozy and happy. I hope you both weather your move well. My house is home to several pets, including 3 cats, a leopard gecko, and 3 spiders!

I'm excited to be here and very hopeful to make some new connections. Happy to be here with you :)
Hi! I’ve actually never been to the Midwest. Do you like it?

Cats are the best! I’m definitely not a spider person, though How did you get end up with 3 spiders as pets?!

Wait, did you actually sleep on the beach? That’s a bold move considering the insane amount of crime here
We did! I've been hanging out in big cities since I was young, so I don't think about that kind of thing anymore... I probably should start before my luck runs out though, right?? lol

We did! I've been hanging out in big cities since I was young, so I don't think about that kind of thing anymore... I probably should start before my luck runs out though, right?? lol
lol that might be a good idea. You’re seriously lucky that nothing bad happened. My neighborhood used to be nice. Now the stores on my street are regularly held up at gunpoint, muggings and assaults are common, and there’s a homeless lady who hangs out and threatens people with a knife. I don’t even go out after dark anymore.

lol that might be a good idea. You’re seriously lucky that nothing bad happened. My neighborhood used to be nice. Now the stores on my street are regularly held up at gunpoint, muggings and assaults are common, and there’s a homeless lady who hangs out and threatens people with a knife. I don’t even go out after dark anymore.
I don't blame you! The outside world is scary and it's only getting worse. I experience a lot of paranoia and social anxiety just at a baseline level, so I tend to ignore signs of danger that might be more obvious to others. Sometimes I feel like I'm the most dangerous/crazy person outside at night, though, so that makes it easier :D

I don't blame you! The outside world is scary and it's only getting worse. I experience a lot of paranoia and social anxiety just at a baseline level, so I tend to ignore signs of danger that might be more obvious to others. Sometimes I feel like I'm the most dangerous/crazy person outside at night, though, so that makes it easier :D
I still highly recommend that you don’t do that again!

New Threads

Top Bottom