• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

When I was in school, "the R word" was just becoming known as a "bad word"...kids immediately switched to using "special" (referencing special needs) as the epithet of choice. That, or making references to the "short bus".

Taking away the word doesn't do anything to solve the problem if the attitudes behind the word don't change.
Don't completely agree, to me what it does, is put the onus on one tiny group for all of the world's evil ,perversion and insecurities ,( along with the other tiny groups),why should somebody with a diagnosis of idiot or imbecile or cretin be forced to take the stress.

Whenever I find someone is interested in what I'm into, I EXPLODE INTO THE CONVERSATION! But I tend to overdo it and try to settle down and its difficult. But my friends seem to tolerate it. But some I can talk normal with cause we're both equally invested in it. I'd love some advice on this though, cause I don't want to look like I talk far too much on what I love and not enough on what I have to do.

If only I might get the message I think it's what will be described as slightly irritated or if it's Christians they don't tell you it all then moan 2 somebody else

Would prefer you not say that about Christians as I am supposed to be one (please no debates on this as its not what we're here for), but that said that is the exact way I would put it too. They think they're irritated!? HOW DO THEY THINK WE FEEL!?

New Threads

Top Bottom