• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Needing opinion on my plan.

Should I do it?

• Yes, it would help.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's up to you.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

arnoldmcguire335

I was planning to post on Tumblr a drive so I can attend a convention in San Francisco next year, but I have to ask you guys what do you think of the plan.
The name? Road to BabsCon (The name of the convention).
The reason for this is my mom won't let me used my own money to attend saying "It's a waste of money, you saved up a long time for it and you'll throw it away in one take? No, you're not going to that convention."
But I do have enough money for the Hotel and Registration, and the reason for going there is I badly wanted to meet Andrea Libman (One of the Voice Actresses in the show which the con will be for) and I didn't want to miss the opportunity. (BTW, I do have a crush on her!)
Sadly, recently my money got deducted and I have no idea where to get some (Since I don't work and have failed to find work in Fairfield), So I was planning if those who read my Tumblr would donate for me going there (starting at $5) towards my Paypal, all the way up to $800 (since the hotel is almost $400, The Registration is $60 and the remaining would be for expenses at the Con) before April 5, 2014.
So I was wondering is this is a good idea or I should abort it?

I can't say whether it's a good idea or a bad one, but I do know that it's improbable that you'd get that much from Tumblr people in just under four months . . . this is something you'll have to save up for far in advance next time you want to attend a convention.

It's just a pity that you couldn't consider an alternate travel plan where you could go from Fairfield to Concord and catch the BART train to Millbrae. And then do the round trip at the end of each day of the convention.

A royal pain, but it would allow you to spend only money on public transportation, and eliminate the expense of staying in an expensive hotel in an area where there isn't a wide variety of lodging options.

(I used to commute on BART from the Diablo Valley into San Francisco for many years...)

I did thought about it but the problem was that the FAST (Fairfield and Suisun Transit) buses that connect from Fairfield to El Cerito Del Norte and back don't run on Saturdays (when the good parts of BabsCon will happen).
Also ,I will only be taking a free ride with my friends attending there and will stay for the whole days the convention will happen, so they can't go home since they booked for rooms there for the 2 of them.

@Arnold

If I had the money to go to whatever Brony conference (this coming from a Brony too!), I rather save the money to give you and Yoshi (a fellow Bay Area AC Aspie) a good treat in a coffee house :) You gain and lose interest and the voice actors/actresses may change, but they are 'virtual' to us. I prefer meeting new friends, especially fellow train and MLP fans :D

New Threads

Top Bottom