• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Need help

Bleu

hi,
I used to be so interested and compromised and always thinking about muy studies (even though I'm 43 and studying online).
When covid started and all the news went on I felt so deeply touched and hurt for people suffering, things started to get hard to do. Unable to find time (when I used not to sleep and not care), got enganged on something else completely different, got to know all I need... Year later, only two interesting subjects left and I get my heart pounding whenever I seat un front of my computer... How can I get out of this? Get back? Stop being stuck... by me?

I suspect you have begun to identify studying with the trauma you felt during lockdown.

You might try some simple tricks to get your mind to reassociate studying with a more pleasant mind set. This could be as simple as moving your computer to a new location so that, when you sit there, it feels "new". If you can't do that, try changing the lighting, redecorating your current space to look different and even bake some cookies before you study to improve your mood and esablish new memories around studying.

Obviously, these suggesting are not the full answer. You may have to spend time, perhaps with a therapist, working on your trauma to increase your sense of safety and resetablish hope for your continuing future.

You can start on that part by simply paying attention to news articles about the good things peopke experiencdd despite the pandemic. Perhaps they discovered a new talent, started s new business or experienced giving or receiving life changing assisstance. Reading these stories can help you feel more positive in general and more positive about the pandemic in particular.

Also beneficial is spending time acknowledging things you are greatful for and appreciative about. Doing so can help feed your mood with good thoughts.

welcome to af.png

Welcome! Sometimes when we're stuck in something it may be helpful to ease out of it slowly, or to find a substitute for your attention.

Thank you, so much. I'll move things, I measured first time. Maybe just to the middle of the room.. Por in tangent.

Thanks

New Threads

Top Bottom