• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Need advice on my ASPIE son

I am fighting the school. It is ridiculous.

He knows how much effort I put into helping him with his emotional problems. He told me so. He thanks me every once in a while.

We are sending him to private school next year. Luckily we got a scholarship from the state. There were 2 over the last 5 years we could have gone for. Sadly I did the wrong one not knowing the 2nd saves up each year and the 1st does not. So we will have to spend $70k+ for private school for 3 years. That is with the scholarship.

I don't know how average parents do it in this situation. I make average money working from home. My wife makes good money and we have everything paid for. This is also an inexpensive school. Any other or no scholarship we couldn't afford it.

Small school, 90 kids, 4 kids per class. Offers more courses than the state high school. Lots of AP classes.

My wife and I sat down last night and came up with a plan for him. We will once again resort to natural consequences. If he doesn't do the finals he takes extra classes to make it up. That is the consequence.

"You can do a 1 hour test now..... or come in an hour early every day for the next 2 years to make this up"

And leave it at that.

Well turns out the teachers did the right thing where the district had to follow the rule of law. I was told via email in an indirect way but I missed it. The social skills teacher personally called me telling me things would be ok no matter what happened but he couldn't place it in an email.

My son went in, took all the finals. Did well. Passed with a B+ average.

New Threads

Top Bottom