• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Need advice immediately!

I think you're going to be okay. Don't worry about getting the shirts back to him. If you feel like it's necessary, turn your Facebook page to private. You don't owe a response to him, and if he harasses you, call the police. I think you can totally just ignore this guy though. He can buy new shirts.

I just called him and he didn't answer which Is terrifying...

I look at it this way, if he sends goons to come kill me that's fine, I don't care but I don't want them breaking into the house I share with my family.

As time goes on I'll feel safer but all I can think about is someone creeping up the stairs. My mind just does that.

I'm already delusional and very paranoid. I'm going to be a wreck now, always looking over my shoulder. This just makes me sick.
I just called him and he didn't answer which Is terrifying...

I look at it this way, if he sends goons to come kill me that's fine, I don't care but I don't want them breaking into the house I share with my family.

As time goes on I'll feel safer but all I can think about is someone creeping up the stairs. My mind just does that.

I take it you can't mail him back the shirts then text him that you've done so? That seems like a solution to me and you have said you know this guy so I presume you know where he lives.

I honestly don't care anymore. I tried calling him and he didn't pick up. Maybe he is granting me a pardon. Maybe he doesn't want to incriminate himself if some stuff does go down. *shrugs*

If your contact with the guy was with him alone, he may be no more than "a flake" when it comes to casually interacting with and exploiting others in his immediate orbit. Where it's possible that you may never hear from him again. Even if you do have his shirts.

You didn't mention a description of the shirts themselves. Hopefully those shirts aren't in any way connected with any neighborhood's "colors". And that no one ever specifically asks you to wear them.

Otherwise, to me, the real concern is whether or not any of this is connected with anything or anyone broader than contact with this one guy, and whether or not it was coincidental.

I learned a very valuable lesson yesterday. Some guy you were friends with as a teenager may not be the same person 15 years later. I won't make the same mistakes again.

If you think you could be in any form of danger, contact the local Police, that's what they're there for.

@ftfipps why on earth would this guy send goons to your house to kill you? To what end? Stop and think for a bit. Ease off the paranoia.

@ftfipps why on earth would this guy send goons to your house to kill you? To what end? Stop and think for a bit. Ease off the paranoia.

I'm inclined to think that it all comes down to whether or not this person who contacted him is acting alone or not. If alone, it may not amount to anything at all.

If this involves an "organized group" of other parties, it's a whole different ballgame. All you need to do is study organized crime/drugs in his area. -Major players. If they are actually conducting an informal attempt to recruit him, it makes a certain degree of sense. Though I'd be very suspicious of anyone claiming to have committed serious crimes to someone they haven't seen in years.

It's why I use the term "audition". Where someone might be attempting to gain- or test the OP's loyalty. Even if those alleged crimes never actually happened. I'm guessing that there's a considerable number of issues the OP hasn't elaborated on, and probably shouldn't in an open channel.

Last edited:
I mean, I'm just not used to dealing with people on that level of criminality. These retards have done things that make my stomach turn when I think about it. That is why I was on edge last night. They probably won't do anything but It just gives me the willies when I consider the sheer brazenness and callousness of these knuckle draggers.

I've know some fairly "bad" people, through my photography downtown I've met some people who are criminals, who could be criminals... They are just people, you can talk to them, you just have to be careful with how much time you spend with them and keep your wits about you...

Time for my story? A few years ago out doing street photography downtown, I started chatting with a guy, he did look a little sketchy, as I recall he had just gotten out of jail... All of a sudden, he wanted me to take some photos of him with his knife, this really happened... I didn't know what to say, didn't know how to say "no thanks" effectively... So I took some photos of him with his knife, I was crapping my pants, but nothing happened, he left and went on his way and I never saw him again, thankfully... I still have the photos somewhere on my computer... Looking back I don't think he actually meant any harm, but still wonder why I did it... I suspect in my current photography I would find a better way to excuse myself

@ftfipps If you just watch yourself a little you should be fine

I talked to the guy today. He asked me if I wanted anything, meaning illegal substances and I refused. He keeps saying he'll see me again but Idk what he means by that. I may block his number. I probably wont block his number, that may piss him off but ill make up an excuse to avoid him.

I'll chime in with the others here and say chill out and get him back his shirts while tapering off contact. Just tell him you're busy when he asks to hang out and be firm but respectful. If he escalates in any way, you can report him to the police.

At the moment you don't sound like you're on the wrong side of him and you're likely to just be a side thing that isn't too important to him, in fact he's probably got a few things on the go and he was most likely just busy when he didn't answer his phone. He might have left the shirts on purpose as an excuse to contact you because he is trying to take advantage of you, a lot of autistic people including myself can have "sucker" marked on our heads, I've have learnt the hard way a few times in my life. If you don't fall for any crap and ignore him as much as possible he will most probably just move onto someone else and other things, don't even try to call him and if he calls you don't be so keen to answer quickly, maybe even miss the odd call yourself. Also if you can post the shirts do it.

He's unlikely to come over especially to harm you, but if you feel safer keep a mobile phone near you so you can call 911 if you ever did feel threatened (assuming you live in the USA), they will trace the location of your phone if it became necessary. Just the thought of the cops coming would almost certainly frighten him off anyway.

I talked to the guy today. He asked me if I wanted anything, meaning illegal substances and I refused. He keeps saying he'll see me again but Idk what he means by that. I may block his number. I probably wont block his number, that may piss him off but ill make up an excuse to avoid him.

Somehow this sounds a bit less urgent. A good sign. Maybe you're just a potential customer to him and nothing more.

At the moment you don't sound like you're on the wrong side of him and you're likely to just be a side thing that isn't too important to him, in fact he's probably got a few things on the go and he was most likely just busy when he didn't answer his phone. He might have left the shirts on purpose as an excuse to contact you because he is trying to take advantage of you, a lot of autistic people including myself can have "sucker" marked on our heads, I've have learnt the hard way a few times in my life. If you don't fall for any crap and ignore him as much as possible he will most probably just move onto someone else and other things, don't even try to call him and if he calls you don't be so keen to answer quickly, maybe even miss the odd call yourself. Also if you can post the shirts do it.

He's unlikely to come over especially to harm you, but if you feel safer keep a mobile phone near you so you can call 911 if you ever did feel threatened (assuming you live in the USA), they will trace the location of your phone if it became necessary. Just the thought of the cops coming would almost certainly frighten him off anyway.
That's if you think the police will arrive in time. If the situation suddenly escalates.

Should quit worrying. Do everything you can and nothing more. Worrying won't help.

Rum-ba-bum-bum, bad men come-come.

People like this have "uses" for people like you. Your purpose is probably to be his taxi driver, as you said. Be really flaky about answering calls from him. Do NOT block him, do not ignore him entirely, but become "unreliable" as a source of free rides and he might just cut you loose and find a different person to use as a taxi service.

The shirts are almost certainly stolen, if he said "hold them for me" or whatever. Think about it for a second, if he wanted the shirts, he would've taken them with him. He wants you to hold them for him because now he has something on you; you're holding stolen property for him. It does not matter one-third of a damn if you actually know they're stolen or not, he can burn you if you cross him.

Don't beg, that just further entrenches you. Be cool with this guy, just don't let him put you in bad situations, or next time it won't be a 40 and a couple of shirts he emerges from a store with, it'll be a wad of money and now you're an accomplice.

These types of people use people they know they can push around. I've been on both sides of this equation, and I've lived with these type of people. Don't cross them, don't "stand up to them", just be a flake. Be unreliable. If you're too scared to not answer your phone for him, he's got you right where he wants you.

If this guy doesn't represent the interest of anyone but himself, it's fair to assume that the only thing probably driving him is his own ego . Just do what you have to in keeping your distance from him.

Suddenly I recall that film with James Spader and Rob Lowe, "Bad Influence". :eek:

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom