• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

My worst fear almost came true this morning

oregano

So buzz off!
V.I.P Member
I've said before that I have long had a fear of being murdered out of the blue by some random crazy person while out and about. Well, it almost happened early this morning.

I was driving south on Watt Avenue near the old air force base when a Dodge sedan pulled up alongside me out of nowhere and suddenly swerved into me, like he was trying to run me off the road. I saw him there and managed to evade him, and then I honked at him once because I thought he just hadn't seen me.

That prompted the guy to cut me off and stop in front of me. I was able to go around him...just in time to see him emerge from his car wielding a big pipe in the same way as a baseball bat. I stomped on the gas and heard the pipe go CLUNK against my car.

I knew I had to lose him so I made the first right turn which leads onto the former airbase (now an industrial park). The old base has a knot of streets and I managed to get away from the guy before he could follow me.

I did absolutely NOTHING to provoke this guy at any time. It was 5:30am on a Saturday morning and there were hardly any cars on the boulevard. I have no idea why this guy tried to run me off the road and beat me to death. He tried to smash my windows out with the pipe-the mark it left was right below my right rear window. He was trying to get me to stop so he could kill me.

I have encountered something like this a few times before, except I was much younger and I did something minor to provoke the other guy's road rage. I did absolutely NOTHING to provoke this guy, not even a middle finger (I'm not that stupid at 46 years old!). He appeared out of nowhere and decided to kill me.

This has always been my worst fear, being murdered at random by somebody with inexplicable motives. Sacramento has gotten crazier and crazier since the 2020 lockdowns were lifted, it inspired me to put that Guns N Roses line in my signature.

I'm not sure if I will tell my mom because it will completely freak her out and make her panic.

Seven weeks til Judgment Day-the move to Jefferson.

they'd been on the booze/drugs all Friday nite and you caught one on the way home, and angry too. Great story though, and interesting fear. I never had that one.

Avoid anything to do with people on a full moon or thereabouts.

Last edited:
Most likely on meth. He was in a stolen car. He was paranoid the cops were after him. He wanted to switch cars and jack yours.

I'm really sorry that happened to you. I'm glad you are safe :)

#tweakerssuck

xo

Glad you are safe. I have my own stories. Mostly about harrassers in other vehicles but not knowing how far it will go is scary. Take care.

Sorry to hear about that. Make sure you reach out for support if needed, and as @Mary Terry suggests, if you haven't already, make a police report. This type of information can be useful, especially if it turns out there's a pattern of similar attacks.

I got a good look at the guy's face and I would agree that he was likely doped up on something. And I don't think the Dodge had license plates, so possibly stolen. I don't have enough info to make a police report, and besides the incident was in North Highlands so it would fall under Sacramento County Sheriff purview and they don't have the time to care about minor stuff. I'd just get blown off.

Oh no they will listen to you. See dude might do something like that again or has before. They will listen to you, I am sure of it. Glad you are ok

I got a good look at the guy's face and I would agree that he was likely doped up on something. And I don't think the Dodge had license plates, so possibly stolen. I don't have enough info to make a police report, and besides the incident was in North Highlands so it would fall under Sacramento County Sheriff purview and they don't have the time to care about minor stuff. I'd just get blown off.

Attempted assault isn't a minor infraction. They'll listen to you. Especially if this occurred in the Rosemont District. One for which presently has a much lower crime rate compared to those north of the American River.

That's only a few miles from where I once lived.

Last edited:
Incidents like this are becoming more & more common in todays society. This is why I carry more & more often. The last thing that I want to do is shoot someone and I will retreat as far as I can. However, I will protect myself and my family if I have to. Your situation was very bad and sometimes just showing him your handgun will cause him to back off. Then get away from him and call the police. A encounter like this should be reported and he might be calling the police to report you for threating him with a gun.

I do not think that the police would consider this "minor stuff".

I can't carry a handgun due to an old mental health order. I DO however carry a knife in my pocket, under the idea that most assaults/robberies occur in such close quarters that a handgun would be less useful than a knife. It wouldn't have done any good in this situation though.

@Judge: the airbase in questions is McClellan, on the other side of Sacramento. North Highlands (the slum next to the former base) is fairly violent, but as long as you stay on Watt Avenue you're usually ok.

The car was either an Avenger or a Charger.

Do what you think is best. I'm not sure what I would do in your situation. Really glad you are ok, dope fiends are really dangerous to the public

If it's any consolation - you should remember that incidents like this are probably a once in a lifetime event. So, whilst it likely caused anxiety and trauma etc. Hopefully you can rationalise that this is unlikely to happen again. Of course, err on the side of caution in life, especially if you see someone acting erratically.

My fight or flight response triggers at the drop of a hat, so I'm always weary of people in general. Of course, sometimes that isn't enough in life. This is probably why I only go out to food shop or go staffing. And people don't tend to try and start anything with a man carrying a big metal staff. But it has happened before - especially with travellers.

Thankfully in life, most people aren't out there to cause harm to one another. But it's the minority and the freak moments in life that often cause the most emotional impact.

Glad you're safe.

Ed

@Judge: the airbase in questions is McClellan, on the other side of Sacramento. North Highlands (the slum next to the former base) is fairly violent, but as long as you stay on Watt Avenue you're usually ok.

Gotcha. Geez, that's much worse than going along Watt and Mather AFB. I just recall Mather much more than McClellan AFB because of all the B-52s visible from the road. Closer to "my" part of Sacramento as well.

Whew...even on Watt Avenue I wouldn't be out there in the early AM. Rough area...as many in the north part of town are these days. Even when armed here in Nevada there are still parts of town I routinely avoid after dark.

Last edited:
I lived in Hollywood. Random violent attacks by homeless people is a strong possibility. The last one l read, a guy carrying a machete went after a random tourist on Hollywood Blvd. California is home of random unprovoked attacks, especially in Los Angeles. And you also have random attacks on poor homeless people there.

@Aspychata, I said North Highlands, NOT North Hollywood. North Highlands is a suburb of Sacramento. Los Angeles is far crazier, yeah, but the crazy is oozing inland from SF and LA like that evil blob in that old 50s horror movie-people are fleeing the mess they made on the coast and are bringing that mindset with them.

@Judge, I'm unfortunate enough to live in North Natomas, which was built during the 2000s housing bubble and which promptly became a slum after said bubble popped. And then the surrounding areas are bad too. I have ceased to care about my own safety per se, but I'm not going up against a guy wielding a 1/2" diameter foot long length of galvanized pipe while de facto unarmed. I'm fatalistic but not stupid. As for Reno, your big problem is Sureno gangbangers-violent and crazy about their "colors" (you don't want to wear red in much of Reno, even if you're blanco). I'm actually more scared of Reno than I am of Sacramento-it just seems like a much rougher, more desperate city.

New Threads

Top Bottom