• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

My life would be easier if…

I like this topic. I'm going to take it literally as well. Meaning, the things I list would literally make my life easier, but with that being said, that doesn't mean the absence of them would necessarily make my life better, happier, etc.

My life would be easier if....

> I wasn't a parent
> I wasn't married
> If I didn't have to work any longer to earn enough money to live and help support a family
> my extended family wasn't extremely religious
> I didn't live in a home that can often require expensive upkeep
> I had a chef to cook all of my meals as I'd prefer them
> I had a gardener, groundskeeper and maintenance person on site

Those are just a few things off the top of my head.

I like this topic. I'm going to take it literally as well. Meaning, the things I list would literally make my life easier, but with that being said, that doesn't mean the absence of them would necessarily make my life better, happier, etc.

My life would be easier if....

> I wasn't a parent
> I wasn't married
> If I didn't have to work any longer to earn enough money to live and help support a family
> my extended family wasn't extremely religious
> I didn't live in a home that can often require expensive upkeep
> I had a chef to cook all of my meals as I'd prefer them
> I had a gardener, groundskeeper and maintenance person on site

Those are just a few things off the top of my head.
Dude, you worry too much. Take care of #3 and the rest falls into place. Well, except #4.

Yeah.........I don't get it.
Sorry, @Magna . This may be one of those things that seems obvious to me but actually isn’t. So, I shouldn’t be flippant as though anyone else would see it.

Right off the top, #5, 6 and 7 are all directly money related. Not having to work for money (#3) would solve 3,5,7&8, which leaves 1,2&4. While I know nothing about you, #5,6&7 speak of a person with a load I know something about. I’m guessing marriage and child rearing would be a whole lot easier if you didn’t have to go to work to make money. So, as I said, solving #3 would solve all your listed problems except #4, and every comedian down through history can tell you even money can’t solve that.

I have a bad and annoying habit of trying to handle stress by seeing humor. But my comments had a serious intent (another annoying habit) which is that it often helps to reduce our problems to look for root issues. Which, for your list, is #3.

For me, if I was having a problem with the kids going through boots more quickly than I could replace them, it helped to remember that it wasn’t a kid problem, but a money problem. I’m guessing any marriage counselor would back me up that money is the #1 killer of marriages. So, it can be very helpful to remember it’s not a personal problem, just money.

A little reality, a little humor. Gets me in trouble every time.

I’m guessing any marriage counselor would back me up that money is the #1 killer of marriages.
Not to discount the theory of the great composer Roger Miller, who said,
It’s my belief
Pride is the chief
Cause in the decline
In the number
Of husbands and wives.

.... Rodafina made me a sandwich.

16f386d58811db9f35d2fec46085c80c.jpg

... I didn't have depression or anxiety
... everyone was more caring instead of being jerks all the time
... pets had longer life spans
... everything was more affordable
... I had better social skills/I wasn't so quiet
... my two IRL friends didn't disown me as a friend, even though it wasn't my fault

My life would be easier if . . .

. . . I could convince people that I am correct before they found the hard way that they are wrong.

New Threads

Top Bottom