• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

MY DIAGNOSIS (TOMORROW)

Know how you feel - it was an explanation for my entire life. Welcome to where you belonged all along, even though you already belonged. :)

I'M AUTISTIC! And my IQ is 97 which is average intelligence. So I have average intelligence, and I'm mildly to moderately autistic. So it turns out that im not a total mistake or loser after all! I may still hace bad luck, but I think I stopped hating myself! Dont get me wrong, though. I still have depression and would feel worthless when I mess up or have a bad day because of my bad luck, but at least I know that I have a reason to not be "normal" and be stuck with heightened senses. At least I know that the sensitivities I have are not from a curse, just a mental wiring. For me, autism is how my brain is wired and part of what makes me, well, me. I wouldn't be me if I didn't have what I have because I would not be able to strive to accomplish my goals, stay organized and on time, or keep my special interests. Most people probably don't stay interested in their favorite things. I'm glad I do. I can now put this quote to meaning. "I'm not a loser, a stupid person, or a mistake; I'm just autistic, and I'm proud!"View attachment 49116View attachment 49117 Of course, I'm not giving pictures of the full results because idk if it's legal or not. Plus, this is the important stuff anyway.

i'm so happy for you, and finally you will accept yourself as well! :D
welcome to the island of misfits toys!

From the other side... I have so far self-tested myself and that's all... Based on those results, plus other things, I'm 99% sure I'm Aspergers (or is it all Autism now anyway :rolleyes:)

I haven't gone for the official diagnosis at this point, mainly because I am fully employed, doing it reasonably well despite some personal challenges at times... I am definitely a milder form of Asperger's but still have many of the basic tendencies, and, yes, I do have struggles with it...

From the other side... I have so far self-tested myself and that's all... Based on those results, plus other things, I'm 99% sure I'm Aspergers (or is it all Autism now anyway :rolleyes:)

I haven't gone for the official diagnosis at this point, mainly because I am fully employed, doing it reasonably well despite some personal challenges at times... I am definitely a milder form of Asperger's but still have many of the basic tendencies, and, yes, I do have struggles with it...
I think it would be easier to get an official diagnosis, but you do you.

I think it would be easier to get an official diagnosis, but you do you.

What would be easier? Of course it would be harder than not doing it, in the moment, because doing a thing is more work than not doing a thing, but I assume you mean it would make something easier.

What would be easier? Of course it would be harder than not doing it, in the moment, because doing a thing is more work than not doing a thing, but I assume you mean it would make something easier.

It would make it easier for others to believe you if you have a professional diagnosis.

New Threads

Top Bottom