1. Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Featured MY DIAGNOSIS (TOMORROW)

Discussion in 'General Autism Discussion' started by AuBurney Tuckerson, Nov 8, 2018.

1. AuBurney Tuckerson

AuBurney Tuckerson GigglesTheAutisticHyena

I will get my results and diagnosis tomorrow, Friday, November 9th, 2018! I'm just worried, though.. What if I'm not autistic? Are all my problems for nothing but an unknown curse? Am I a curse? If there is a reason for my problems, then what is it if its not autism? Also, why did I go nonverbal last week? (I think I had a severe meltdown due to a loud lawnmower, aka another torture device! Then for some reason, I couldn't speak! It was about an hour or so until I slowly started speaking again..)

• Friendly Friendly x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Nervous Rex

Nervous Rex High-functioning autistic V.I.P Member

Whether they put the Autism sticker on you or not, you're still welcome here. If you relate to people here and are getting some useful tips, feedback, or even just empathy, then keep coming back.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  3. Fino

Fino Well-Known Member

I don't see how you could possibly not be from everything you've said. If they say you aren't, I would ask for a second opinion, if possible. Unless they just suspect something else and not just say nothing.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. AuBurney Tuckerson

This is the only place close to where I love that diagnoses adults. Everywhere else only does kids.

Thanks. It's not the site I'm worried about. I notice a lot of neurotypicals here as well. My mother always thought I have autism because of what I did, growing up and how I acted (which was underage and mostly like an animal)

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  5. Isadoorian

Isadoorian Well Known Chat Member V.I.P Member

All aboard the Cautiously Optimistic Diagnosis HypeTrain! choo choo! :locomotive:

And yes, even if you're not diagnosed on the Spectrum, you still have a place among us! :)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Pats

Pats Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

Also keep in mind that the people doing the diagnosis are people, too and capable of making a mistake. If you get a no, ask why and if you don't agree with the answers you don't have to agree with their diagnosis.

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. Mattymatt

Mattymatt Imperfectly Perfect

Hope it goes well for you!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Nervous Rex

Nervous Rex High-functioning autistic V.I.P Member

You just made me snort at work!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. AuBurney Tuckerson

Thanks

10. AuBurney Tuckerson

Okay.

11. patrick183

patrick183 New Member

Hi, I just had my testing yesterday and will get my results in two weeks. So I completely understand the uneasiness you are feeling of waiting for the result. I keep hanging up on something the psychologist said when I first met her: "Well I'm really glad you came. Even if this doesn't turn out to be [Autism] we can help you realize some of the things you're describing are not unusual." I'm really discouraged to think I might not get a diagnosis, even though there's no good reason I *need* a diagnosis. Every self test I've taken, everything I've read, makes me thing that high-functioning autism is what best describes me. It may not be a perfect fit, but if this isn't the group I can most relate to, I don't know what is.

I hope your testing results give you some peace and acceptance.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Mr Allen

Mr Allen Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

I was diagnosed in October 1999, as Aspie.

13. AuBurney Tuckerson

I was just born in 1999. I was a month old when you got your diagnosis lol

14. AuBurney Tuckerson

I was just born in 1999. I was a month old when you got your diagnosis lol

15. AuBurney Tuckerson

I'm heading to the therapy now to get my results..

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Suzanne

Suzanne Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

Since it is Friday today, you must know the results now and I do hope it is the right result.

I will receive my results next month, when I see a supposed professional psychiatrist who is an "expert" in autism.

This month, I took my first step with some tests and had some through the post which I also did ( a bit easier, due to being on my own this time) and in a couple of week's, yet more tests.

My husband reckons they think there is a good chance of me having at least something, otherwise, why bother with all this testing? I do hope so.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. AuBurney Tuckerson

On here waiting on the psychiatrist.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  18. AuBurney Tuckerson

I'M AUTISTIC! And my IQ is 97 which is average intelligence. So I have average intelligence, and I'm mildly to moderately autistic. So it turns out that im not a total mistake or loser after all! I may still hace bad luck, but I think I stopped hating myself! Dont get me wrong, though. I still have depression and would feel worthless when I mess up or have a bad day because of my bad luck, but at least I know that I have a reason to not be "normal" and be stuck with heightened senses. At least I know that the sensitivities I have are not from a curse, just a mental wiring. For me, autism is how my brain is wired and part of what makes me, well, me. I wouldn't be me if I didn't have what I have because I would not be able to strive to accomplish my goals, stay organized and on time, or keep my special interests. Most people probably don't stay interested in their favorite things. I'm glad I do. I can now put this quote to meaning. "I'm not a loser, a stupid person, or a mistake; I'm just autistic, and I'm proud!" 20181109_124245.jpg 20181109_124224.jpg Of course, I'm not giving pictures of the full results because idk if it's legal or not. Plus, this is the important stuff anyway.

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  19. Progster

Progster Gone sideways to the sun V.I.P Member

I know what that feels like, for me it was a huge relief to be diagnosed.
    I'm not going to say "welcome to the club", because you always were a member of the club. It's good to have it recognised officially!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. AuBurney Tuckerson

Yup! It's a HUUUUUGE relief for me, and I can finally learn to accept myself because I know the reason why I'm not "normal" and suffer from sensory issues.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2