• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

My day of adventure... Or not...

Sherlock77

V.I.P Member
Sunday morning, had to get up early to drive a friend to the airport as he heads to another city for some studies, up at 6:30 AM (ugh!)

Got him to the airport fine, had some breakfast at Denny's, then headed off to a small classic car show before heading to church...

While still at the car show Nico called me, he had issues with his ID/the airline so had to miss his flight, apparently they gave him another flight at no extra cost for next Sunday... I didn't have to but went back to the airport to get him again (and his luggage), drive him home, arrived at church a little late

Early afternoon I went back to the same car show, not that far in again Nico called me, had to go back to the airport again to sort out something with the flight arrangement, so... I had to (didn't really "have" to) left the show early to repeat the process... One hour later we left the airport again

Basically I saved him $250 but by then I had to leave the car show yet again, missing more cars... I was mildly frustrated by this point, except that I had helped a friend out... I suppose that's a good deed

After that he treated me to lunch and we went for a walk in a local park... Still frustrated that I missed much of the car show, but I know should feel good for helping my friend out, just that today felt like a bouncing ball :rolleyes:

What a good example of selflessly helping a friend. Good on you. I know I could be a better friend to those around me. Your post has reminded me to do so. Thank you.

New Threads

Top Bottom