• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Movies/TV/Anime that makes you laugh.

Metalhead

Video game and movie addict.
V.I.P Member
People need more laughter today.

Here is a list of these medias that make me laugh consistently.

Movies -
Gymkata
Plan 9 From Outer Space
Verotika
Body of Evidence
Movie 43
Freddy Got Fingered
UHF
The Naked Gun
Action Jackson
Battlefield Earth
Manos The Hands of Fate
The Ruling Class
Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown
I'm So Excited
Beverly Hills Cop
The Blues Brothers
Amazon Women on the Moon
The Machine Girl
Tokyo Gore Police
First Love (by Takashi Miike)

TV -
Metalocalypse
The Venture Brothers
Aqua Teen Hunger Force
Def Comedy Jam (the first few seasons from the '90s)
Steven Universe
Teen Titans Go
Animaniacs
Curb Your Enthusiasm

Anime -
Pop Team Epic
Dirty Pair
Dominion Tank Police
Angel Cop (the dub)
Devilman OVAs (the dub)
Ghost Stories (the dub)
Dragon Pink
Miyuki Chan in Wonderland
Otaku no Video
Hetalia
Dragon Half
Cat Girl Nuku Nuku
Bludgeoning Angel Dokuro-chan
Heaven's Lost Property
Teasing Takagi-san
Aggretsuko

So, what makes you laugh in the world of movies, TV and anime?

Movie
Spy who dumped me.

Love the casting, love the dialogue, female friendly with usual hollywood theme (only a man can do it).

Also
Horrible Bosses
Still makes me laugh.
Horrible Bosses 2
Meh

I tend to like awkward or self-depracating comedies. Something that the UK does very well. I mainly stick with TV shows these days. Asides from the US Office and It's Always Sunny, almost every comedy show I watch is a UK one:

• I'm Alan Partridge (the lead actor is on the spectrum)
  • Mid-morning Matters (with Alan Partridge)
  • Saxondale (same actor as the above)
  • The IT Crowd
  • Toast of London
  • The Mighty Boosh
  • Flowers
  • Peep Show
  • Black Books
  • Bottom
  • Detectorists
  • Father Ted
  • Extras
  • Life's Too Short
  • Derek
  • Garth Morenghi's Dark Place
  • Green Wing
  • Inside No. 9
  • League of Gentlemen
  • Nighty Night
  • People Just Do Nothing
  • Spaced
  • This Country
  • The Trip
  • The Mighty Boosh

Most of the above shows are cult classics. They're truly amazing and I thoroughly recommend each and every one of them.

Ed

Movies:

Basically every teen comedy
This is the End
The Interview

TV:

Animaniacs
Venture Bros (From what I've seen)
Metalocalypse (From what I've seen)
Arrested Development
Drawn Together
South Park
Family Guy (Kinda scared to admit this)
A lot of Qubo shows I saw as a kid.

"Weeb" media:

Crayon Shin-Chan
FLCL
Azumanga Daioh
Monogatari series
Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt
Lucky Star
Pop Team Epic
Various hentai (With varying degrees of intentionality)

Misc:

Ghost World
Sonic for Hire
Bret Easton Ellis novels
Watchmen
Brandon Rogers videos.
The Angry Video Game Nerd

Last edited:
Anime:
100% Pascal
Nichijou: A parakeet lands in a windowsill and announces his new accustomedness to his "new body". Had me rolling.
Lucky Star: STRONGEEEEEEEEERR!!!!!!

Movies:
Ace Ventura
AirPlane!!
Anything whose trailer includes people intentionally getting themselves into trouble or saying something ridiculous

Video Games:

Skate 3: The ragdoll physics have a memetic reputation for causing raucous laughter in people searching for ridiculous ways to wipe out. Crotch Grab Of Doom, anyone?
Garry's Mod: Just any amount of gameplay at all, especially if it has to do with using the Face Poser.
Team Fortress 2: The Scout, man. If you're dominating as Scout, just wear earbuds/headphones.
Densetsu no Stafy 3 for the GameBoy Advance has this exchange, translated to English myself:
Starly, holding a magic pearl: "I can use it to go anywhere I want!"
Kyorosuke, looking annoyed: "Well, can it take us somewhere that makes sense?!"
Starly: "Um... Well, I bet you can go find a better attitude."

Seven Reasons To Stop Asking Questions, a currently-unreleased-and-unfinished parody humor text adventure made by me, contains a puzzle in which you must a very unorthodox item to find the password to a login screen found on Maddog's PlayStation. The item you must use in question? A bottle of shampoo.

Anime:

Asobi Asobase: OMG this is the single most hilarious anime I've ever seen. Nothing else even comes remotely close in my book. Bonus points for the characters not doing the stupid "kyaa~" sort of "scream" when the girls are shrieking for any reason, which is frequently. I hope the voice actors didn't hurt themselves doing that. Particularly whoever voiced Hanako.

One Punch Man
What if a Kid From the Last Dungeon Boonies Moved to a Starter Town? (what is with these long titles lately)

TV:

I Love Lucy
Bewitched
The Munsters
lots of other stuff from that era

Youtube:

Far too many to list.

There's other stuff I could specifically list for these, but my memory just blanks out after listing just a few things.

If you like SciFi, then Dark Star.

If you like anime, Tokyo Godfathers.

If you like TV, The Good Life (The Good Neighbors US)

That time I got reincarnated as a Slime.
Madea movies and plays.
Austin Powers movies.
Brutal Legend. Xbox 360 game.

Anime:

Asobi Asobase: OMG this is the single most hilarious anime I've ever seen. Nothing else even comes remotely close in my book. Bonus points for the characters not doing the stupid "kyaa~" sort of "scream" when the girls are shrieking for any reason, which is frequently. I hope the voice actors didn't hurt themselves doing that. Particularly whoever voiced Hanako.

One Punch Man
What if a Kid From the Last Dungeon Boonies Moved to a Starter Town? (what is with these long titles lately)

TV:

I Love Lucy
Bewitched
The Munsters
lots of other stuff from that era

Youtube:

Far too many to list.

There's other stuff I could specifically list for these, but my memory just blanks out after listing just a few things.

Have you looked up funny trambone videos on YouTube?

I'm not a big comedy fan, most of my TV viewing is more documentary related, and some crime shows, one of my favourites is Grantchester, also Foyle's War, British shows I've watched through an American PBS feed into Canada

But, one light hearted Canadian comedy I enjoy is Corner Gas, a parody of life in a small Canadian prairie town... And to show how much of an old timer I am I enjoy watching Seinfeld episodes... And I always enjoyed Cheers...

And my all time favourite show? MASH (the TV series) To me a great mix of light hearted content and serious subjects all mixed together, I've always thought it was a very well done show

It's hard to make me laugh. But Aristophanes is a reliable source of smiles---and marveling as well.

TV: Seinfeld, Peep Show, Community, Mr. Bean
Books: Catch-22, The Importance of Being Ernest, Ulysses sometimes

Funny anime from my teenage self: School Rumble, GTO.

Hard to find movies or TV that I really laugh with.
A few I can think of are any of the Borat movies,
Austin Powers, Harold and Kumar, Dumb and Dumber.

I don't watch anime, but, Beavis and Butt Head were funny.

Some of the older sitcoms: Sanford and Son, Married with Children, All in the Family.

I just watched Total Recall for the first time since I was a kid. I now realize that it is truly a brilliant and hilarious satire that is more bitingly cynical than anything else Schwarzenegger has ever starred in.

Special Duty Combat Unit Shinesman (It only got two OVAs but it did make me laugh with its parodies of Super Sentai/Power Rangers and Sailor Moon).

Don’t really know with movies, there are some that make me laugh but not all the time.

TV Shows:

Old time Simpsons: Some of the earlier seasons are just pure gold.
Bob’s Burgers

New Threads

Top Bottom