• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

More videos of my Musical Output

autism-and-autotune

A musical mind with recent revelations
Good evening! Just figured I'd drop back in to share some more videos. some of these may be reposts, for which I apologize; it's been a while.

Most recently updated was a setting of the Magnificat text, which I've also completed a couple other times, but I prefer the a capella version over others. This text was often set by many many composers during the Baroque era; Bach wrote two, and Vivaldi wrote a couple as well. I haven't really written much in the way of pure vocal music, but one of my breakthrough pieces was written in the beginning of the pandemic, as I figured 'solitude' seemed apt. The text was originally set by Henry Purcell.

Mostly I try to just stick with writing for the keyboard, and over the past couple years have written various little 'solo' pieces. Some are flashy; others are a bit morose; one might be a bit dramatic and angry, while another could be calm and contemplative. I was fortunate enough to have a few of these pieces performed by others; and soon enough more will be recorded by a keyboardist from Germany.

Other than writing music, I've not been up to much; two semi-decent concerts at which I was very nervous and while well-prepared I still stumbled a lot musically. It's hard to be perfect when it comes to playing, but I try not to let my perfectionist side of things affect me too much, but...it's always been hard.

Thanks for reading and listening! Again, please don't mention anything about my autism around my channel or anywhere off this site, as I've not come out publicly yet.

New Threads

Top Bottom