• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What is your MBTI personality type?

• INF-

Votes: 29 29.9%
  • INT-

Votes: 47 48.5%
  • ISF-

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • IST-

Votes: 17 17.5%
  • ENF-

• ENT-

• ESF-

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • EST-

• Total voters
One of the saddest things I ever saw in an HR office was one of those "Magic 8-Ball" toys sitting on the HR manager's desk.
Bwahaha, I know I shouldn't laugh - that's just terrible - but still, couldn't help myself.
Sadder still, Magic 8-Ball and the MBTI system work equally well for determining the best-fit candidate for employment. That is to say, not very well at all.

The only problem with the MBTI test is that it is completely meaningless.

There is just no evidence behind it. The characteristics measured by the test have almost no predictive power on how happy you will be in a situation, how you will perform at your job, or how happy you will be in your marriage.

The test was developed in the 1940s based on the totally untested theories of Carl Jung and is now thoroughly disregarded by the psychology community. Even Jung warned that his personality "types" were just rough tendencies he had observed, rather than strict classifications. Several analyses have shown the test is totally ineffective at predicting people's success in various jobs, and that about half of the people who take it twice get different results each time.

Read the Complete and Unedited Article HERE .

The INFP-T personality type does describe me a lot, except for the hopeless romantic part (in the negative list of traits). I'm more successful in a romantic relationship than a lot of people I know. But otherwise, it does describe me fully. Although empathy is supposed to be one of an INFP-T's positive points, which is why I get SO offended and angry whenever people on autism sites tell me I lack empathy.

The MBTI or KTS or the russian Quadra Gamma thing. All of them are preferences.

So i have 4 preferences in this, INFP. I prefer Introvert over Extrovert etc. This MBTI doesn't guarantee love or job. It indicates possibility as mathematical exercise to more than 50%. Like democrasy.

Hopeless romantic doesn't mean that a person is unlucky in love.

Hopeless romantic refers to a person who has many sentimental & idealistic feelings.

Socionics, an Offshoot of MBTI

There is no reason to consider Socionics as a science. There is no empirically experimental data to support Socionics, there is no empirical verification of its many claims, and it uses purely speculative categories as its primary shortcoming. Also, it lacks any clearly-defined typing method, leading to each 'school' of Socionics to define methods of their own. Socionic typology is merely a Russian version of post-Jung typology, similar to the Myers-Briggs typology, but distinguished by a greater number of typo-logical features and the formulation of prerequisites for the study of inter-type relationships.

In short, Socionics is merely an illegitimate derivative of MBTI and is even more massively infested with doubletalk and psychobabble.

There are other similar derivatives of MBTI quackery, each one progressively more meaningless and open to abuse by scammers and naive, yet well-meaning, 'counselors' (e.g., storefront 'psychics' who have fallen for their own sales-pitches).

New Threads

Top Bottom