• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Magical power and Aspies

Simple the power to heal the sick.
First I would cure my partner of m.s.

Then travel to the world, healing people for free.
I would have to set up a chairty so I could afford plane tickets I suppose.

Selective omniscience. With this power I could know everything I ever wanted to, but nothing I didn't want to know. Movies would still be spoiler free, life full of pleasant surprises, and I would not have to worry about some kind of Lovecraftian madness induced by knowing too much.
Selective omniscience. With this power I could know everything I ever wanted to, but nothing I didn't want to know. Movies would still be spoiler free, life full of pleasant surprises, and I would not have to worry about some kind of Lovecraftian madness induced by knowing too much.

That is a really good one. I mean in the move long ago "What Women Want" the main character could read minds, but he kept learning about a lot of the negative things they were thinking about him too, so that could be distressing if he was doing a lot of unpopular things.

So, imagine, if he learned from women only the positive things they felt about him or those things he had he wanted to here. Also, with that type of mind reading, maybe we could get like whatever job we wanted by hearing the interviewers thoughts what needed to be done to secure the job, if getting the job was more important than hearing some criticism.

Teleportation. To any place or plane of existance.

This would be good for persons who want to get places really fast. Sometimes I would want that instant teleportation to another place, to save time and because of extreme desire, excitement or need to get there right away, but I think sometimes I may want to enjoy the ride or travel by being transported slower, and to build up the anticipation. Maybe the teleportation device should have a slow and fast button on it too :)

This is not precisely on topic, but relevant anyway.

I believe that every person has a set of spiritual gifts. Your spiritual gifts, when used and developed, allow you to do things that are usually considered to be a superpower, or like magic.

This belief has been bourne out by seeing many people begin to awaken their spiritual gifts and use them. Some religious groups acknowledge the existence of these gifts and encourage the development of them. I do not like to comment on other holy books, but have found references to some spiritual gifts in the Bible.

You do not get a choice in what particular gifts you have in your lifetime, but you can choose to find out what they are and start developing and using them. This seems more useful than wishing for imaginary powers or magic, also more satisfying.

I do not at all intend these remarks as a criticism, but do hope some people will be helped by them.

Yes, lots of persons do not even develop fully whatever gifts they have, as they could assume that those were unattainable, and lack the confidence there, or as they could in error think those gifts were not a part of them. But, if they knew in advance their capabilities and what was destined to be, if the efforts were made, then this could give that person that motivation and satisfaction in achieving those.

This, and invisibility at will. Think of all the mischief I could get up to.

My wife says she would want to be invisible too, as she likes being anonymous. She could come and go and see and hear things anywhere without being seen and judged and not care about being politically correct and perfect, and she could help others without getting recognition, focusing on just their joy and happiness of her good deeds. As well, she said by being invisible her enemies could get into lots of trouble without knowing it was her, like those she finds very unfavorable to her and against her.

Simple the power to heal the sick.
First I would cure my partner of m.s.

Then travel to the world, healing people for free.
I would have to set up a chairty so I could afford plane tickets I suppose.

I never thought of that power: to heal the sick. I like that. Now, the only question would be if we would heal all those with physical and mental issues, or be selective, as many of those may have a state of mind or desire not to change. I guess having mind reading abilities would be important to have first before we healed persons. But, for those committing severe wrongs maybe I would use that power to heal those persons anyway.

Time traveling, while I would like to visit certain historical periods I also like to be able to prevent some rather traumatic experiences happening to me also invisibility is something I wish I had.

If I wasn't such a present day person, I would want a time machine, as usually I do not think about my past or the future, as I focus just being my best daily. The rest will take care of itself is usually my thinking. But, when you added that part about going back to prevent traumatic experiences, I would like to do that, and help out some of my family, and others in school who I knew too were being bullied or were harmed.

i would want the power to look normal- like I'd still act like I do now, but if I said or did something awkard, the nt's around me would hear or see something else, that was socially appropriate (like a social auto-correct) also I would want the power to be able to bring my creations to life, since I love drawing and that way I would always have someone around who understands and respects me for who I am.

i would want the power to look normal- like I'd still act like I do now, but if I said or did something awkard, the nt's around me would hear or see something else, that was socially appropriate (like a social auto-correct)
Hey that's a good one! I'd have some of that.
Could I also go outside in pyjamas and the NTs would just see normal clothes?
It's reminded me of the red dwarf episode Camille. :)

I never thought of that power: to heal the sick. I like that. Now, the only question would be if we would heal all those with physical and mental issues, or be selective, as many of those may have a state of mind or desire not to change. I guess having mind reading abilities would be important to have first before we healed persons. But, for those committing severe wrongs maybe I would use that power to heal those persons anyway.

Yeah, it's one of those good powers that comes with ethical complications. I maybe should of said cures disease. So H.I.V/ parkinsonis/M.S/cancer. Mental disorders are more psychological so I guess they would stay.But people with diseased conditions might be so advanced they couldn't consent to being healed. Children also couldnt consent either. Sometimes you'd heal someone and they could go round killing people after. You would know unless they said. It would be on my shoulders to decide, if I was the only one with this power I couldn't get through everyone who wanted cured anyway.

It would be a blessing and a curse.

i would want the power to look normal- like I'd still act like I do now, but if I said or did something awkard, the nt's around me would hear or see something else, that was socially appropriate (like a social auto-correct) also I would want the power to be able to bring my creations to life, since I love drawing and that way I would always have someone around who understands and respects me for who I am.

The first thing I thought of when you mentioned you would want to bring your drawing creations to life was that Aha video "Take on Me" when those sketches came to life. I wish my landscape paintings could come to life like that too, and I could be right there at those exact outside environments, as those were my visions and creations of relaxing places to be.
I have a hard time painting people though, otherwise I see myself doing that too.

You don't need magic for that. Just some expensive Bose Quiet Comfort Noise-Cancelling headphones and a CD player with ambient sounds like frogs or crickets on a summer night. ;)

I've tested such technology. It really works. :cool:

I just got some very inexpensive (less than $11 US) Noise Cancellation Bluetooth headphones and they work great and supposedly will go for 60 hours between charges. I use them along with a white noise "music" file on my cellphone and my cellphone will go for a couple of days playing the file. I found that anything with a motor in it (CD player etc) will run down in too short of a time for my needs but I'm glad it's working for you.

I agree, it really works. I have gone through many different ways of making portable white noise and this is the latest result.

I just got some very inexpensive (less than $11 US) Noise Cancellation Bluetooth headphones and they work great and supposedly will go for 60 hours between charges. I use them along with a white noise "music" file on my cellphone and my cellphone will go for a couple of days playing the file. I found that anything with a motor in it (CD player etc) will run down in too short of a time for my needs but I'm glad it's working for you.

I agree, it really works. I have gone through many different ways of making portable white noise and this is the latest result.

Great to know it works for you, too. Thanks Judge for that recommendation.

I already have mine if I can ever figure out how to use it right the mystical auti pattern eye...:rolleyes:

Now if I could only figure out how to court a little Aspie lady to match me that would be quite a feat!
So far my formidable powers have failed me!:rolleyes:
I have not found the perfect courting pattern!:(

Teleportation without a shadow of a doubt. It would be challenging to fight the temptation to misuse it (i.e. steal from vaults, spy on people, etc) but it would give me so much freedom. For example i would keep my job here, where it's cool and I have an established routine and support network but live and travel at will all over the world at a whim.

New Threads

Top Bottom