• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Magical power and Aspies

That and the fact that shapeshifting isn't limited. I could be a cat, a rabbit or even a stop sign.

Yes, that book I mentioned was about turning into an insect. That was a bit too creepy for me though, but I know some like insects. For an animal, I would want to be a bunny rabbit I think. I could dart away when danger was near and hide in many places and keep warm above ground.

It never occurred to me about turning into an object, but now that I think about it, that would be fun, too. One could be any object that was stationary and watched, or one that would move about, depending if they wanted to observe and learn from one specific place or to have adventurous motion.

I think being a cloud or rainbow would be fascinating.

I find frog sounds and cricket sounds at night soothing, and am annoyed by heavy traffic noise and very loud voices, as it reminds me when my parents yelled a lot when I was young. But, there is a bird at night that forces us to close the windows during the summer. The nocturnal whip-poor-will bird will be starting their song in the trees a few minutes from now and it continues throughout the night. That on/off switch would become handy during summer nights, and the few times we go to the city. Luckily, we live in a very quiet area.
Owls used to wake me up in the middle of the night when they would start cackling in the back yard. They can just sound horrible during mating season. But it was always kinda cool. They make so many weird sounds.

The power of levitation coupled with the power to have unlimited cash... But God knows that there's a reason I can't pick my superpowers. Which, reminds me of a story about a man my grandfather knew: he bought a printing press and began manufacturing fake money, but his first sale was to two undercover agents. He did the time, got out, and used the exact same printing press to make real estate ad booklets for a prestigious Floridian island. He made enough cash to buy the biggest house on the island.

For those that do lots of lifting or heavy lifting, levitation would seem useful, too. Having the power to make cash would be good for the good people like you all, but for the selfish and not nice ones I would want the power to prevent them all from having money and power. The kinder persons would use that money to create a better world.

Maybe when he was locked away and had all that time to think he came up with that real estate booklet idea. At least he used the printing press to do something legitimate, the second time around. He learned something useful in jail/prison then, unlike many others who repeat the same mistakes.

Owls used to wake me up in the middle of the night when they would start cackling in the back yard. They can just sound horrible during mating season. But it was always kinda cool. They make so many weird sounds.

Owls do not bother me, but just the nighttime on and on loud whistling song of that other bird at nights. I never knew such a small bird could be so loud. I love all bird sounds during the day though. That relaxes me too.

The power to show people past, present, and future glimpses, without using words. And getting to watch their reactions.

If I understand correctly, for the not nice people that would be good to tease them by giving just glimpses and by not giving them extra information from the usage of words. You could watch them squirm and make all kind of upsetting faces. For the good persons, that would seem ok to not sometimes use words too, as the focus could be on any joy type reactions.

Personally, I always liked analyzing people's expressions and postures. Others' words in person sometimes distracts me. And like for holidays, and even any day, I like focusing on our children's expressions. They do not mask their feelings much, as they have a full range of expressions and emotions, so what you see is usually how they may feel.

Time travel, to undo the mistakes that ruined my life over the last 12 years.

This question took me quite a bit of time to think about, and immortality was one of the options (but now I think it's just too powerful for a human, so I scratched it off) and you know what - I'll take this. This, this, this. I've made so many mistakes in life, pushed so many people away. That glorious second chance right at my fingertips! However, I would also want it to be constrained, can't be too powerful - so how about I only make it usable once? I would need to be very cautions in terms of picking the right moment, and that moment would only come when I'm prepared, having spent multiple sessions with my therapist and having read and practiced lots on how to not worry, not push people away, be able to control my emotions, and have a healthy level of self-confidence.

In addition, I might also use this power to prevent some extremely hapless and unfair deaths from happening, but without making the victims think that I'm crazy or from the future. I'd prevent my cousin from crossing that street in September of 2003 at that precise moment (maybe call him on the phone and keep the conversation going, get him to cross minutes later), or prevent my college buddy (he could have actually turned into a friend had he lived, just can't believe my luck a lot of the time) from riding his motorcycle in the rain in order to make it to the final exam (could tell him that the exam has been postponed or something, let him fail but let him live).

I don't know - if you guys think the second paragraph is too much, let me know cause I'm curious. I think this power should also come with that "Felix Felicis" feeling that Harry Potter had in Half-Blood Prince, that way I'd always be able to tell if changing something in the past would cause a chain reaction and totally wreck the future.

This question took me quite a bit of time to think about, and immortality was one of the options (but now I think it's just too powerful for a human, so I scratched it off) and you know what - I'll take this. This, this, this. I've made so many mistakes in life, pushed so many people away. That glorious second chance right at my fingertips! However, I would also want it to be constrained, can't be too powerful - so how about I only make it usable once? I would need to be very cautions in terms of picking the right moment, and that moment would only come when I'm prepared, having spent multiple sessions with my therapist and having read and practiced lots on how to not worry, not push people away, be able to control my emotions, and have a healthy level of self-confidence.

In addition, I might also use this power to prevent some extremely hapless and unfair deaths from happening, but without making the victims think that I'm crazy or from the future. I'd prevent my cousin from crossing that street in September of 2003 at that precise moment (maybe call him on the phone and keep the conversation going, get him to cross minutes later), or prevent my college buddy (he could have actually turned into a friend had he lived, just can't believe my luck a lot of the time) from riding his motorcycle in the rain in order to make it to the final exam (could tell him that the exam has been postponed or something, let him fail but let him live).

I don't know - if you guys think the second paragraph is too much, let me know cause I'm curious. I think this power should also come with that "Felix Felicis" feeling that Harry Potter had in Half-Blood Prince, that way I'd always be able to tell if changing something in the past would cause a chain reaction and totally wreck the future.

I do not think I would want immortality either, as who knows how this world will be in the future with all these madmen in charge these days.

Having the power to be stronger in all those ways you mentioned would seem very good, with regards to less worry, more self-esteem, less clinginess and better control of emotions, as that could change your life for the better much.

And when you said you would want to like turn back the clock and prevent those deaths of your cousin and friend, that seems nice. That indeed could have caused a better chain of events for you, if you felt more support and they could have helped more in various ways.

That is what is special and very interesting about life. Whichever paths we take, and whichever events happens involving us that is out of our control, that can affect much our life for better or worse. Often we will never know, what those answers and life like would be.

It's not exactly a super power, but being an eloquent speaker would be a dream come true. I'm such a terrible speaker; I'd rather write down my feelings than say them outloud.
That, or the ability to just pause time for a while, so I can catch up on the things I need to do, or just to have some alone time without feeling guilty about wasting time that could be spent with my family and friends.

It's not exactly a super power, but being an eloquent speaker would be a dream come true. I'm such a terrible speaker; I'd rather write down my feelings than say them outloud.
That, or the ability to just pause time for a while, so I can catch up on the things I need to do, or just to have some alone time without feeling guilty about wasting time that could be spent with my family and friends.

Yes, for me too regarding the speaking. I do think I have that ability now to speak with ease, clarity, relevancy and confidence one-on-one to persons, but to large groups I know I would tense up and lose concentration, so avoid doing that now. I am still working on things though.

With regards to alone time, I relate, too, as the only time I am totally alone is usually at nights typing. Throughout the day I am busier, and sometimes resort to multitasking. But, it is hard at nights to do much as I need my sleep, too. If I do not get it, then I have less energy the next day.

Thanks for posting. Welcome to the group!

Selective omniscience. With this power I could know everything I ever wanted to, but nothing I didn't want to know. Movies would still be spoiler free, life full of pleasant surprises, and I would not have to worry about some kind of Lovecraftian madness induced by knowing too much.

I want real frogs.:(
Get some. I have five and enjoy feeding them and watching their habits. I've had them for four years.
I want to add an Iguana or Veiled Chameleon, but, don't have the money to buy one. They are expensive.

This is not precisely on topic, but relevant anyway.

I believe that every person has a set of spiritual gifts. Your spiritual gifts, when used and developed, allow you to do things that are usually considered to be a superpower, or like magic.

This belief has been bourne out by seeing many people begin to awaken their spiritual gifts and use them. Some religious groups acknowledge the existence of these gifts and encourage the development of them. I do not like to comment on other holy books, but have found references to some spiritual gifts in the Bible.

You do not get a choice in what particular gifts you have in your lifetime, but you can choose to find out what they are and start developing and using them. This seems more useful than wishing for imaginary powers or magic, also more satisfying.

I do not at all intend these remarks as a criticism, but do hope some people will be helped by them.

Time traveling, while I would like to visit certain historical periods I also like to be able to prevent some rather traumatic experiences happening to me also invisibility is something I wish I had.

New Threads

Top Bottom