• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Lying

Sal26

Hi! Does anyone out there have a real problem about people lying to them. I've got two step children 18 and 23 and this weekend I became quite upset because of the stupid lies that they tell. My partner said that this is a little thing compared to what they could get up to but I just don't get it!! Another thing is that they don't seem to want to do anything without getting something back. For example my partner has to bribe the 18 year old to do her hair or she pulls her face!!! I just don't get this behaviour? Is it me???[emoji53]

18 clearly doesn't see how having "done" hair is reward enough in itself. I'll admit I tend to put off brushing mine for as long as I reasonably can, but I'd be embarassed to get paid for doing so…

Maybe just let her go with messy hair until she sees the sense in brushing it? I'm assuming they are neurotypical, otherwise it's a whole other issue.

What does "pull her face" mean?

That is what teens do! Or should I say: NT teens. They are not children any more but not fully adult and with females, they have hormones to deal with.

The example you give is that the teen girl does not want to change her hairstyle, but parent thinks differently and thus, the face is saying: get off my back and even, I hate you, because you are all ways spoiling my fun!

My NT sister, has this with her 3 teen girls.

Actually, there are a series of articles on how to talk to teens etc. So if you want to look at this link, I feel sure you will find much benefit from it. Jehovah’s Witnesses—Official Website: jw.org

New Threads

Top Bottom