• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Love

Voltaic

Plaidhiker@youtube
Shall we live by our emotions? Too feel, is to only be human. We can not suppress feeling sadness, nor can we hold back tears of happiness during a good movie (looking at you mom) Too feel, is a experience as humans we must deal with in our everyday, and depending on the person; sometimes every second. Emotions were biological programed into us to both cooperate with each other as social creatures, and to run when needed, and love when needed. As survival was the purpose in which our bodies are built around. Survival though, for a world much different than a world in which we hunt for our food at the local supermarket. In fact, emotion in these days and age are more of a blockade for progressing not just as individuals, but as a species. If we were to live free of emotions, only living by logic; like Spock. Maybe, we might be better off, but to sacrifice such a integral part of our world would be worse off. How to feel happy without sadness? how to feel fulfillment without depression? how to feel Depression with a new born baby placed within your hand? how to raise a baby without loving it? because those little stinky, messy, individual can be very annoying. Our answer is to not let a biological function in which is programed to survive in a world in which can kill you in any second mitigate your life's actions and choices. Let emotions happen, let yourself feel happy, sad, angry, depressed, suicidal, gitty, and all else. Let yourself feel, and don't be scared to let yourself feel. Even the bad emotions are ones in which can not hurt you. Humans can not choose to feel, but can choose to suffer from feeling. Let logic take control of your body, and the words to say through your mouth. Let emotions describe how you are feeling by the ways in which you express your words, but do not let them choose the words in which you say. Learn to see through both the lenses and bias in which is placed on all of our heads when feeling anything, see through the emotion and see what is real. Feel, but do not fear, as if you feel, but not let yourself loose control, then as humans, as a species we can elevate our self's to a point in which we are the masters of our biological body, as it has mastered us all through history.
The most useful emotion in this day and age is love. We only relegate such a feeling for those who we deem worthy of our love. A stranger on the street I may not love, but a mother of said stranger deems him worthy of love. Is love really something we should dish out to only those in which we know? Everyone is worthy of love, not just from a select few, but from everyone. One loves someone else because we understand them, we can empathies with them, understand why they do bad things, and love when they do good things. The person who cut you off, you do not understand him, and only see him do damage to you. You child, you understand and love him, even when he throws a tantrum and hits you. He does you damage, yet you love him because he is your child. You accept the things in which are not perfect in your child. accept the bad and love the good, understand why they do both good and bad. The asshole who just cut you off. You lack understanding, and lack acceptance for his mistakes because all you know of him is the mistakes in which affected you. He is worthy of love from a mother, why not worthy of your love as a stranger?
Love everyone, because no matter who, they are worthy of someones love, therefor all of our love. Understand everyone, because with their bad comes more good, if not that, than some good, or bad from consequence of pain. Accept the bad, because with bad comes good, and because the bad in which he might subject yourself to is a consequence of pain.

Love, and change the world.

you are wise, indeed. All your posts have meaning.

I am reading Marcus Aurelius now and he is so powerful. Have you read him? You might like him a lot! In fact, you are echoing his words. He says we must be social and patient and kind. And see things as they really are.......we are here for a second and poof............

Too feel, is a experience as humans we must deal with in our everyday, and depending on the person; sometimes every second.

It isn't sometimes every second. Everyone has feelings every second. Feelings are particularly interesting because they can be understood as specific mixtures of the baseline moods, regulated by a limited number of mood chemicals producing infinite combinations and permutations.

The function of them is to serve as a help in the reasoning process. Very complex things happen in our environments and we are social creatures with social ends in life, so we must use the frontal lobe to interpret what is coming to it from the limbic system (the source of 'baser' feelings, knee jerk reactions, etc.), and the rest of the brain, in order to come up with a nuanced response.

People have brains subject to neuroplasticity, constantly being reshaped. No two mental states are exactly the same because they are a result of levels of different mood inducing chemicals in the brain. So, no two people share the same emotional experiences; it would be a seemingly absurd miracle of nature for them to have had billions of neurons firing and not firing in the same directions (not to mention firing at the same intensity), all in the same chemical environment.

A way around this problem? The astounding mental process that is empathy. Language isn't enough to communicate the grandiose amount of different sensations produced by the minds of beings as socially and abstractly developed as ourselves. So, we hear from or think of the situations experienced by others and we attempt to approximate through analogous experiences. The better and more numerous our analogues the easier it is to relate.

In fact, emotion in these days and age are more of a blockade for progressing not just as individuals, but as a species. If we were to live free of emotions, only living by logic; like Spock. Maybe, we might be better off, but to sacrifice such a integral part of our world would be worse off.

We would be infinitely worse off. How could we live by logic if we cut ourselves off from a reasoning capacity as intrinsic and basic to us as our perception of spacial geometry? We live in an environment with space and objects and must navigate it according to relative positions and dimensions; the social environment must also be navigated and we have incredibly sophisticated tools designed to do just that.

The most useful emotion in this day and age is love. We only relegate such a feeling for those who we deem worthy of our love.

Love is a profound microcosm of feelings, a filter for them all which matures people and increases their understanding of themselves and others like no other microcosm can. It is the grand human experiment in empathy, a process where one person or two reciprocal people engage in prolonged and intensive attempts to understand one another.

Love is impossible and it exists in many forms. No person can really be understood by another person. Unrequited limerence more often than not involves highly esoteric and idealized versions being approximated of the other. Extensive reciprocation can often be damaging to a person's psyche because of the challenge of mistaken perceptions and how during the entire process both people are continually undergoing change.

It is an amazing part of life and matures people in myriads of unexpected ways.

Love, and change the world.

Exactly, my friend. That is at the center of my worldview. Try loving more and more people, try different forms of love, grow in understanding and learn from all aspects of it, good and bad, and you can greatly enrich the life experiences of yourself and others.

Im an aspie and a Libra, I am a romantic but get overly affectionate and wear women out and they end it and it hurts, I wish to please someone but need to pace and give space and not smother her.

The most useful emotion in this day and age is love. We only relegate such a feeling for those who we deem worthy of our love. A stranger on the street I may not love, but a mother of said stranger deems him worthy of love. Is love really something we should dish out to only those in which we know? Everyone is worthy of love, not just from a select few, but from everyone. One loves someone else because we understand them, we can empathies with them, understand why they do bad things, and love when they do good things. The person who cut you off, you do not understand him, and only see him do damage to you. You child, you understand and love him, even when he throws a tantrum and hits you. He does you damage, yet you love him because he is your child. You accept the things in which are not perfect in your child. accept the bad and love the good, understand why they do both good and bad. The asshole who just cut you off. You lack understanding, and lack acceptance for his mistakes because all you know of him is the mistakes in which affected you. He is worthy of love from a mother, why not worthy of your love as a stranger?
Love everyone, because no matter who, they are worthy of someones love, therefor all of our love. Understand everyone, because with their bad comes more good, if not that, than some good, or bad from consequence of pain. Accept the bad, because with bad comes good, and because the bad in which he might subject yourself to is a consequence of pain.

No, the principle of loving everyone because they are worthy of love from someone, is fallacious and devalues what love is - a means by which we connect to and with those who matter to us as individuals. I can respect those I do not know, and comprehend that their lives and moments are driven by imperatives I cannot know, thus cannot fathom, and as a result try not to judge them for their actions on my terms only, but that is not love.

Love is what I feel for my SO. A passion to defend and safeguard her, to do anything I need to protect her and make her happy, to help her in a thousand ways each day.

What you are talking about is respect. That we can, and we should, respect the lives of others, however we fail to know them. That respect means we should not judge simply because the tip-of-the-iceberg behaviour they show to us doesn't please us or agree with us. We owe each other a debt of care, not of love.

New Threads

Top Bottom