• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Love on the Spectrum Season 2 Casting

We all get rejected in life, me by my mom, by men, by some of my teachers, some co-workers and these are all we can remember. We don't remember the people who did help us in our lifetime, who didn't reject us. So truthfully, rejection sucks, but it is part of life.

@Markness, I am not trying to “one up” you here in rejection, but I was once rejected from Big Brothers and Big Sisters of America… I was like “hey I’m a good person I want to play basketball with little kids who don’t have anyone,” and they said no thank you. Ouch. That hurt.

It’s not the same thing I know, but @VictorR is right that if you are accepted or rejected for anything like this, we usually have no idea why and I would come down strongly on the side of not giving an eff about what this production company thinks about you. What they do with your application has no indication of your worth as a person.
View attachment 87818

EDIT: And “bothering” here means that you took a chance and you lived life a little. Good job bothering. I need to do more of it.
I am sorry you couldn’t join in with that organization. That’s odd that they didn’t like your attitude. Do you still play basketball?

I am sorry you couldn’t join in with that organization. That’s odd that they didn’t like your attitude. Do you still play basketball?
Thank you, Markness. It did sting for sure. I don’t play basketball anymore and haven’t in a long time… But your question really gets me thinking. When I was young I used to love to volunteer for a basketball program designed for children with different types of special needs. It was super fun and fulfilling all around and definitely something that I could look into again, even now, feeling old, 25 years later.

I am super tall, and so when I was young, everyone always pushed me into playing basketball. I did used to truly love shooting hoops in my driveway in the wee hours before school. Throw in a team and competitive games though and basketball became just another stressful and confusing experience for poor little autistic Rodafina.

Markness, I love your question. I think I might look around for some leagues or something around where I live - I am in a new area as of three years ago, so I still have much to learn and discover about my location.

Future me here, got an email for a zoom interview on 11/8. :)
Hello again, Shan from the future here. I told my mom and my stepdad about the Zoom interview and they are beyond happy for me. Ever since I was a teenager it has been my dream to inspire people and bring acceptance/awareness to the neurodivergency we call autism. I am excited but at the same time beyond nervous.

I’m not gonna sit in the dark anymore and hide behind a mask because society says I’m “weird” or “atypical.” My name is Shan, I’m 18 years old, blood type O-, and I am autistic. I have autism. And that’s okay.

It’s been both a blessing and a curse over the years, to a manner I compare to Kenny from South Park’s alter ego Mysterion, as he wrangles with the power of immortality that his peers find “cool” but he finds to be annoying as nobody remembers him dying. Everybody signaling you out because you “aren’t capable“ is moot. I’m just like your everyday person, except I have autism, which means I see everything differently. I don’t conform to what society says, I’m a nonconformist and this has weirded people out.

Good luck.

Hello again, Shan from the future here. I told my mom and my stepdad about the Zoom interview and they are beyond happy for me. Ever since I was a teenager it has been my dream to inspire people and bring acceptance/awareness to the neurodivergency we call autism. I am excited but at the same time beyond nervous.

I’m not gonna sit in the dark anymore and hide behind a mask because society says I’m “weird” or “atypical.” My name is Shan, I’m 18 years old, blood type O-, and I am autistic. I have autism. And that’s okay.

It’s been both a blessing and a curse over the years, to a manner I compare to Kenny from South Park’s alter ego Mysterion, as he wrangles with the power of immortality that his peers find “cool” but he finds to be annoying as nobody remembers him dying. Everybody signaling you out because you “aren’t capable“ is moot. I’m just like your everyday person, except I have autism, which means I see everything differently. I don’t conform to what society says, I’m a nonconformist and this has weirded people out.

Good luck.
Hi, it’s me from the future yet again. Only 24 more hours to go.

don´t know if it is similar but I remember that someone said who made an application for a model show, that she had to answer really private and intimate questions, which felt really uncomfortable and wearing for her and after weeks of performing a soul stripe + sharing her whole private life, she was just rejected.

the problem was that she not knew how long the application process takes and because she already answered a lot of questions, she kept continuing.

don´t know how it is here.

just want to say that only answer questions where you feel comfortable with.

and usually producers only want to make money, so that´s maybe the main intention and not that that people are happy and find their love... don´t be too naive...

sometimes people get exploited in such shows.

but I don´t want to doubt that it maybe can help singular people.

don´t know if it is similar but I remember that someone said who made an application for a model show, that she had to answer really private and intimate questions, which felt really uncomfortable and wearing for her and after weeks of performing a soul stripe + sharing her whole private life, she was just rejected.

the problem was that she not knew how long the application process takes and because she already answered a lot of questions, she kept continuing.

and usually producers only want to make money, so that´s maybe the main intention and not that that people are happy and find their love... don´t be too naive...

This unfortunately reminds me of the many controversial family vlog YouTube channels that only exist to use their young kids as cash cows. I’ll keep this in mind, thank you.

Edit from my South Park obsessed self: I remember watching a South Park episode that satirized talk shows like Maury Povich and Dr. Phil where Cartman signs Butters up on a Maury Povich talk show upon learning that talk shows promise prizes for exploiting people (most notably people that are disabled, and later he cross-dresses as a Danielle Bregoli teenager after the talk show segment is changed to a Dr Phil like format, so he can “beat” a guest on the show named Vanity and win a prize to the largest miniature golf course in the world.

Last edited:
I had forgotten about this thread since I never got a response back from Northern Productions. :( Will I ever get my day in the sun?

Got the zoom meeting done. If anybody else gets to the zoom interview, here’s a preface of what they’ll most likely ask.

Name, age, location, you’ll be asked to say something like “Hi, I’m Y/N and I’m (insert age here). I am from (insert location here).
Where did you find out about LoTS auditions??
Diagnosis history
Interests/hobbies
Dating history/why you want to be on the show
Your ideal date/partner
Touch upon anything in the email that was sent (in my case I’m lgbtq and I use all pronouns but only want she/her to be used and only doing guys as I’m not out to my mom)
Living situation
Results may not come back for a few months, they won’t reach out if one isn’t selected. I was required to give my phone number at the end of the call in case I was reached back out to.

Good luck everyone!

I sent them an email back in October and didn't hear back from them until early March. I was also set up to do a zoom interview shortly afterwards as well.

The interview itself wasn't too bad. The person I talked to was a young woman who appeared to be in her early to mid twenties and like the poster above me, they asked a series of questions to kind of get a feel for what kind of person you are. I tried my best to be as clear and concise as possible and go into details.

They also made it very clear that this would be a short 10 minute interview and that because they get so many applicants, I probably wouldn't be contacted again if they didn't choose me.

As for the interview itself, I think I did alright but since they have many applicants, the chances of getting picked are slim.

Anyways, good luck to everyone that signed up.

Last edited:
I never heard back from them. :( My day in the sun will probably never happen.

I wouldn't worry about it.

I have a distant relative, my grandpa's, brother's, son to be exact who right now is probably in his 60s if I had to guess. My family suspects he's on the autism spectrum but he grew up in a small rural town back when autism, particularly higher functioning autism, wasn't well understood, so he was never diagnosed.

Like many on the spectrum, he struggled with dating and never really dated. So when he was in his 40s, he went to The Philippines and met a woman from there who he later married. 20+ years they're still together.

Why am I telling you this? Because, there are so many different ways one can go about dating. And some men are going overseas to find a wife, so maybe this could be a potential option for you. Yes, the woman is probably dating you partially because she wants a better life, but if you find the right one, that won't be the only reason. I'm not saying you should go to The Philippines, but maybe consider different options, even if they're unconventional and out of the box.

I sent them an email in 2021 and got a zoom meeting interview. They didn't like me apparently. Oh well.

It could be your location as well to why you weren't selected. If you don't live in a big city for example, it might be harder to find a suitable partner and the producers might take city size and location into consideration.

It could be that you're a "straight white male" and they already have several straight white males cast on the show and they're looking for minorities, gays, or females instead.

Maybe there was nothing interesting about you or nothing about you that particularly stood out as interesting or unique.

You'll never know why you were not selected.

It could be your location as well to why you weren't selected. If you don't live in a big city for example, it might be harder to find a suitable partner and the producers might take city size and location into consideration.

It could be that you're a "straight white male" and they already have several straight white males cast on the show and they're looking for minorities, gays, or females instead.

Maybe there was nothing interesting about you or nothing about you that particularly stood out as interesting or unique.

You'll never know why you were not selected.
I happen to be two of those minority type labels. I did get an interview, so that means there was interest.
I will never know, but educated guesses can definitely be taken.
Such as most people selected for these type of shows tend to be possibly funny, (overly) positive, and their IQs tend to be lower overall sadly. I do not fit any of these aspects as well. I could be very different in a way that they don't like is more likely in my case.

I happen to be two of those minority type labels. I did get an interview, so that means there was interest.
I will never know, but educated guesses can definitely be taken.
Such as most people selected for these type of shows tend to be possibly funny, (overly) positive, and their IQs tend to be lower overall sadly. I do not fit any of these aspects as well. I could be very different in a way that they don't like is more likely in my case.

@paloftoon
So after you were interviewed, did they ever email you back and told you that you didn't get the part? How long did it take for them to get back to you?

Because I want to know what to expect assuming I didn't get the part, which I probably didn't.

Some shows intentionally make their contestants look bad or worse than they really are. It's called the power of editing. And I will give you an example down below.

For example, if one of the contestants says "I really dislike competing in the hot sun. Keith is really good and will likely win this competition. He's a potential threat to other contestants on the show."

Through careful editing, we can make the contestant say "I really dislike Keith, he's a potential threat on the show"

Love On The Spectrum doesn't strike me as the kind of show that intentionally tries to make their contestants look bad.

New Threads

Top Bottom