• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Love on the Spectrum Season 2 Casting

VictorR

Random Member
V.I.P Member
Northern Pictures is looking for participants for a new season of the Emmy Award winning Netflix series Love On The Spectrum

We are looking for SINGLE people living in the United States, who are on the autism spectrum and are interested in dating.

You may have no history of dating or you might be an experienced dater – either way feel free to say hello!

We are hoping to represent the great diversity of the autism spectrum, and are keen to hear from a range of people.

As with the previous series, we aim to make an honest, sensitive and insightful documentary.

If you or someone you know might be interested in speaking with us, please send an email with a brief description of yourself (and a photo) to: [email protected]

@Markness - throw your hat in!

I sent them an email in 2021 and got a zoom meeting interview. They didn't like me apparently. Oh well.

It might not be anything personal or "wrong" with you - given their desire to have a diverse group of individuals, maybe they already had someone with a similar profile as you last time.

One can always try again. :)

Update: got an email back from a producer of the show called Jessica asking for my location and state. Idk what this means but I guess it’s a good sign ^_^

It might not be anything personal or "wrong" with you - given their desire to have a diverse group of individuals, maybe they already had someone with a similar profile as you last time.

One can always try again. :)
Maybe they "wanted something to be more "wrong" with me", lol.
Maybe I'll try again since it's been a year and they're still looking apparently.

I wish I didn’t bother if I knew they would reject me.

We don't know if we don't try, and if we don't try, we don't have a chance at all. And to have a chance and some hope, even if slim, is better than none. For that reason, as much as I dislike lotteries, I'll buy a ticket every now and then, just in case Lady Luck decides to smile upon me that day.

That being stated, as I noted to Paloftoon, there's a good chance that there's a lot of applicants, and most of these are likely to be guys, and so you'd especially want to make sure that you stand out from the crowd and be able to easily show them what you bring to them and their cast. Perhaps next time you apply for something, if you'd like, feel free to send me a copy via PM and I can take a look at it to see if I may be able to make any suggestions on content or format to help you stand out more.

I wish I didn’t bother if I knew they would reject me.
@Markness, I am not trying to “one up” you here in rejection, but I was once rejected from Big Brothers and Big Sisters of America… I was like “hey I’m a good person I want to play basketball with little kids who don’t have anyone,” and they said no thank you. Ouch. That hurt.

It’s not the same thing I know, but @VictorR is right that if you are accepted or rejected for anything like this, we usually have no idea why and I would come down strongly on the side of not giving an eff about what this production company thinks about you. What they do with your application has no indication of your worth as a person.
1667045616993.jpeg

EDIT: And “bothering” here means that you took a chance and you lived life a little. Good job bothering. I need to do more of it.

@Markness, I am not trying to “one up” you here in rejection, but I was once rejected from Big Brothers and Big Sisters of America… I was like “hey I’m a good person I want to play basketball with little kids who don’t have anyone,” and they said no thank you. Ouch. That hurt.

It’s not the same thing I know, but @VictorR is right that if you are accepted or rejected for anything like this, we usually have no idea why and I would come down strongly on the side of not giving an eff about what this production company thinks about you. What they do with your application has no indication of your worth as a person.
View attachment 87818

EDIT: And “bothering” here means that you took a chance and you lived life a little. Good job bothering. I need to do more of it.
I got rejected from several art zines (collaborative magazines that focus on tv shows/books/movies created by fans, for fans). Rodafina has some great words above :)

View attachment 87818

When you applied at this time and if you used these words verbatim or even something very similar, maybe you were rejected because your response lacks depth. Anyone can say they are a good person, and that is assumed. When you say you "want to play", it sounds like you're "demanding" they cater to your desires. A better way to express this might be something like I have attended/coached basketball and could offer this to your group.

When you say "with little kids who have no one", it sounds like you're assuming the kids have "no one" and are looking to be paired too specifically. The organization may've considered that you would give them more work and not less. Maybe next time in a similar situation, say something like "I'm open to working with kids with any kind of background. I tend to relate to younger kids more easily than older kids." Unless you're specifically asked, I'm not sure if you want to mention specifically "working with kids with no one" unless you were in this situation yourself and are willing to express that along with that phrase.

I guess, sometimes, even some volunteer organizations aren't so desperate that they have to take anyone.
Volunteering for conventions can be easier to get into and not as much of a commitment. They are really good if you have like nothing on your resume.

When you say "with little kids who have no one", it sounds like you're assuming the kids have "no one" and are looking to be paired too specifically. The organization may've considered that you would give them more work and not less. Maybe next time in a similar situation, say something like "I'm open to working with kids with any kind of background. I tend to relate to younger kids more easily than older kids." Unless you're specifically asked, I'm not sure if you want to mention specifically "working with kids with no one" unless you were in this situation yourself and are willing to express that along with that phrase.
Absolutely agreed, and I hear you soundly.

In my defense, I would offer that I was definitely being dramatic in my language here with Markness because it seems like such a crazy thing to be rejected for… I was actually a social worker at the time (I suspect that was the ultimate reason for rejection) and I would never ever present myself in this way. The approach that you stated is more like the one that I took.

So, I think your point is extremely valid and important. I apologize to all the kids out there who I spoke about so crassly, and I do not actually think that at all. It was an unfortunate dramatic flare in my language.

Thank you for making this point.

New Threads

Top Bottom